Why is the volume on youtube fluctuating?

anon(10468873)

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
I have an S6 Active. I just updated the software to Android 7.0 and since then, the volume on youtube has been fluctuating. It goes down really low and then comes back to normal and repeats throughout the video. This happens with and without earbuds. This does not happen with instastories or videos on instagram. I have uninstalled the latest youtube update and it still happens. I've cleared my cache, and that didn't help. Have any of you had this issue?
Thank you for any help!!

Josh C3

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
I have an S6 Active. I just updated the software to Android 7.0 and since then, the volume on youtube has been fluctuating. It goes down really low and then comes back to normal and repeats throughout the video. This happens with and without earbuds. This does not happen with instastories or videos on instagram. I have uninstalled the latest youtube update and it still happens. I've cleared my cache, and that didn't help. Have any of you had this issue?
Thank you for any help!!

YES! SOMEONE with the same issue. I have an S7, and I have also tried other music services (spotify, Google music, and YouTube music) and funny enough spotify and Google music work just fine but YouTube music is also acting weird. I tried booting into safe mode, and everything went back to normal, with no volume fluxes. It's not a real fix, but a start. Another note, after leaving it in safe mode for 6-7ish hours, I booted back into normal mode and no volume fluxes for 6-7ish hours (till just now). More testing will have to be done.

y0chanan

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
doing the same on my Note 4. My Youtube has also been randomly pausing. Also my main media player poweramp has been randomly pausing and unpausing; so much its not my media player anymore, nor is it used to watch youtube now.

Yesterday the ad on youtube was of a virus app for fortnite beta (doesnt exist), so now google aka israel is pushing viruses on people. This has been going on for at least a week. Are you people involved in politics or anything that would make google target yoru accts with viruses? I know i am so its always my first idea why all my electronics mess up 24/7. Google/Alphabet is deep at the core of geopolitics the least they do is censor and ban millions on YT; their groups known to execute leaders of nations even. Many say these people killed JFK and have Trump/clintons/obamas blackmailed, but trumps/clintons/obamas family is of the same ruling elites bloodline so i dont buy that. Many of us assume because of operation talpiot that google is indeed whacking devices of people who talk too much

I had assumed and we have some proof they were doing things to cash our devices out after 2 years to sell new crap.

Its weird i see any of you report anything bad happening. Android users are like everyday normal people and not tekkies and normal people swear everything they have is the best and cant mess up. Most things android does youll get attacked for saying exists usually. I was really surprised i found this ONE thread discussing this. One thread with 3 users out of millions,,,,,,. Watch out for those millions or youll get taken to the gallows for insulting their phone worship.

My note 8 has been very faulty as well. My note 3 audio on camera mic is messing up at random. My S5 i havent noticed issues with YET. These problems all arise within a month for the most part (minus bluetooth issues with N8) and the S5 and N4 havent had a real update in a long while.

Last edited:

y0chanan

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
FIrst i cleared cache of youtube and data. DID NOT WORK!

I started killing process that have an overlay left and right, stopped all overlays unfortunantly DID NOT WORK!

THEN i started removing apps, I started with DU speed and DU batery saver, slowly working down from unknown/sketchy type apps (i have a LOT of spying type apps to monitor sketchy people with that are designed to alter normal android function (((background recording etc)); i cant say for use which ones i installed but it seems to work; for now. I also uninstalled an equalizer app i installed to alter my audio. My next step wouldve been reformatting the android so start by just getting rid of apps you dont need --> hardly use--> then ones you use. Your warranty will require a reformat before sending it back so eventually youll uninstall/kill all apps anyways.

I started with this DU software cause its become very intrusive and spammy. Many years back a program it reminds me of called clean master was caught by people on these fourms and others updating a seemingly perfectly good software that was disabling parts of android and to add intrusive spyware like abilities. You can see clean master to this day is still one of the highest rated Android apps!

Last edited:

jesslegentil

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for any help!!

I've also have this problem on my Moto G5S+. Funny thing is its with anything YouTube. The YouTube app, YouTube music, even embedded YouTube videos on web pages. I'm rooted and rommed, so it might be something with the software I've done or just YouTube itself. I'm hopping to fix it without having to wipe my phone lol.

Anthony Aurelia

Jul 1, 2022
Visit site
I have an S6 Active. I just updated the software to Android 7.0 and since then, the volume on youtube has been fluctuating. It goes down really low and then comes back to normal and repeats throughout the video. This happens with and without earbuds. This does not happen with instastories or videos on instagram. I have uninstalled the latest YouTGube update and it still happens. I've cleared my cache, and that didn't help. Have any of you had this issue?
Thank you for any help!!

I have had the same issues on many devices (PC, S6, Note 8, Note 10+, S21. Seems worse with certain songs. I always thought it was something for copyrighting making it harder to copy the music if its volume varies like that. Drives me nuts.