01-10-2020 10:24 PM
28 12
tools
    Was just wondering if this screen is like obsolete since the new features and actions Android 8 makes when it comes to storage and cache. Because this screen never opens for me anymore. Just stays on Load screen.

Any ideas or suggestions? Lol. Storage Screen NEVER loads since updating to Android 8 Oreo...-screenshot_20180614-201936.jpg
    06-14-2018 07:24 PM
    Which phone?
    06-17-2018 12:09 AM
    Which phone?
    Moto Z Play.
    06-17-2018 12:43 AM
    Try wiping the cache partition: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9835
    06-17-2018 01:36 PM
    I tried that. Didn't fix anything. I don't get it.
    06-17-2018 07:24 PM
    Bump for anything. I've tried endless amount of things and nothing. This has ONLY happened since upgrading to Android 8 OREO.
    06-30-2018 07:15 AM
    Who's your carrier? If it's Verizon, try their software repair assistant.
    07-02-2018 11:20 AM
    Who's your carrier? If it's Verizon, try their software repair assistant.
    I'm on a unlocked phone. No Verizon lol.
    07-09-2018 08:03 PM
    Hmm. If you're adventurous, you could try manually re-flashing the stock firmware https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...mware-t3562717
    07-09-2018 08:16 PM
    I've got the same problem, same phone.
    07-15-2018 06:26 PM
    Rip the band-aid off already and just factory reset your phones lol.
    I'm so glad I've finally moved on from Moto phones..... Lenovo seems to have no idea how to do updates :-(
    In fact you're lucky if you even get updates, security or otherwise.
    07-19-2018 02:22 AM
    Rip the band-aid off already and just factory reset your phones lol.
    I'm so glad I've finally moved on from Moto phones..... Lenovo seems to have no idea how to do updates :-(
    In fact you're lucky if you even get updates, security or otherwise.
    Updates are awesome for me still. Just had a security update this morning actually.
    07-27-2018 12:18 AM
    It actually worked after like 5 minutes
    08-01-2018 09:06 AM
    I've actually got the same issue on my G5+, which finally just got Oreo the other day ...
    10-29-2018 12:41 PM
    I've actually got the same issue on my G5+, which finally just got Oreo the other day ...

Same issue, Moto G+, storage just keeps loading.
    01-19-2019 12:38 PM
    Same issue here, same phone. It has never loaded for me, even before upgrading. So annoying.
    AllenRulz likes this.
    01-24-2019 10:47 AM
    I was having the same problem, but managed to fix it. I went under the App Info setting, set it to show system files, selected Storage Manager, cleared cache and data (hitting clear data is probably enough, and then it worked. I did several other things before this, cleared cache partition, entered safe mode, etc. Just try clearing the Storage Manager data and see if that fixes it.
    03-07-2019 12:51 PM
    @Robertkbro, thanks for sharing the fix.
    03-08-2019 03:09 PM
    I was having the same problem, but managed to fix it. I went under the App Info setting, set it to show system files, selected Storage Manager, cleared cache and data (hitting clear data is probably enough, and then it worked. I did several other things before this, cleared cache partition, entered safe mode, etc. Just try clearing the Storage Manager data and see if that fixes it.
    The above fix did not work for me. I did everything including running from Safe Mode and still was unable to get the Storage Screen to load. Admittedly, the one thing I did not do was clear the cache partition, which I'll do and if this does not work it's looking more and more likely I'll be forced to do a factory reset.
    05-02-2019 10:05 AM
    Storage Screen NEVER loads since updating to Android 8 Oreo.

According to a Senior MotoAgent on the Levono Form when responding to the query - "how can i delete cached data after the oreo 8.1 update?"

"Google has made changes to the way Android Oreo clear cached data on our phones. In fact, there is no need to clear cached data manually at all. The system should do that for you. The system should do all the work for you when there’s a need to free up disk space. Although the option to bulk clear your cached data on your phone is missing, If you are only having problems with one or two apps, clearing out the cache for these individual apps is a great alternative to deleting the entire cache. And if you do have a newer device that doesn't allow you to delete the entire cache all at once, this is an obvious choice.

Open settings by tapping the Android settings app.

1. Choose Apps from the Settings menu. This will list out all apps on the device in alphabetical order with the total storage used displayed under the app's name.
    2. Tap the app whose cache you want to be cleared. This will bring up relevant information about the app.
    3. The first choice on the app's detail page is Storage. Tap this to bring up the option of clearing cache.
    4. There are two buttons on the storage screen: Clear Data and Clear Cache. The Clear Cache button is the one you want to tap. This should immediately clear the app's cache. The Clear Data option will delete any files you have saved within the app. If you accidentally tap this button, you will be prompted to confirm your choice. It is important not to delete this data, so if you get a prompt asking "Delete app data?" tap Cancel."
    05-02-2019 10:36 AM
    According to a Senior MotoAgent on the Levono Form when responding to the query - "how can i delete cached data after the oreo 8.1 update?"
    Thanks, but what wasn't quite the problem we were having.
    05-02-2019 11:19 AM
    Was just wondering if this screen is like obsolete since the new features and actions Android 8 makes when it comes to storage and cache. Because this screen never opens for me anymore. Just stays on Load screen.

Any ideas or suggestions? Lol. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180614-201936.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	285456
    Same issue here, Moto Z Play.
    AllenRulz likes this.
    07-15-2019 12:43 PM
    Same issue here, Moto Z Play.

Exact same issue on my Moto G5S Plus. This has been happening for a few months. I really need it to work since I'm running out of space and other file managing apps don't really do a good job at showing what's taking up my internal storage.

I'd appreciate any input by anyone who managed to fix it or knows what's the issue.
    07-15-2019 08:51 PM
    My storage screen was loading for 10 minutes on Moto G5 like everybody elses. Then I toggled back and forth between storage (which was spinning at the time) and settings menu. It let me in and I cleared the cache on all apps. I re-started phone, and I can now get into the storage without trouble but phone is still VERY sluggish opening/closing apps.
    07-26-2019 04:51 PM
    Update: I really think that it is percentage of storage available that affects whether or not storage loads. I was up at 81%used and it wouldn't load again. Got down to 71% and it loaded.

Fixed!!! I had the same problem for 7 months on my Moto Z Play (storage not loading, just hanging). And then one morning when I couldn't sleep I went to settings, apps, and went into each app and deleted the caches. I was surprised to see that two of my apps had over a gig in caches. And then just for the heck of it I clicked on storage again, and for the first time in 7 months my storage actually loaded! I noticed I was using around 71% of my storage at that point and prior to that I was up at around 95%. I hope this works for someone else, too! I also deleted a few apps, but I doubt deleting an app is what cause my storage to load after 7 months of not loading. It would seem that deleting the caches of each individual app did the trick.
    Kitty Cat2 and Tommy35cz like this.
    08-15-2019 09:34 AM
28 12