Did the oreo software update yesterday and now if I have my always on display on my S7 Edge, I get no notifications for any 3rd party apps. For example, I can hear the selected message tone for my whatsapp, but there is no notifaction icon on the AOD, no LED flashing, and then when I unlock the phone there is no notifaction icon/info on the lock screen, when i unlock there is no number of messages on the WhatsApp icon on the desktop. I have all notification options switched on in the settings to show all of these as I want them to. I uninstalled WhatsApp and reinstalled it. I've switched the phone off and on 3 times. I really do not want to have to do a factory reset. I figure they have bodged something up in the software update. The same happens for LinkedIn updates as well so not just WhatsApp related.
    07-08-2018 03:40 AM
    Since the update, have you gone back into settings and verified that you have it set to show?
    07-08-2018 05:33 PM
    Since the update, have you gone back into settings and verified that you have it set to show?
    Yes I turned them all off and then back on again... twice. I did this is the main notifaction section under settings and then also in the individual apps and their notifaction settings. I spoke to Samsung UK over Twitter and they couldn't help other than telling me to contact each app and ask them.... I am also sometimes not getting notified of texts so maybe isn't just 3rd party apps. All seems hit and miss. All work fine when I am actually using the phone, it's just when it's locked and with always on display. Any one help please!!
    07-09-2018 06:01 AM