Restoring defult "Skyline" notification sound

Asmith1986

Jul 18, 2018
Visit site
Hi all, whilst playing around with my new s9 have managed to go into sounds and vibration menu then notification sounds and change it from "Skyline" to "Facebook pop". But I cannot change it back! Where is the "Skyline" sound stores? I have read people saying in /media but I don't have that option, and rather than a list of available tones I get a file explorer type interface to select a notification sound. It's really bugging me that I can't reset the notification back to the default.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Facebook pop is not a Samsung preload. Try revoking the FB notifications or disable it and privileges, to see if it is the culprit.

Asmith1986

Jul 18, 2018
Visit site
Hi methodman89,

This doesn't make any difference. it seems that the Skyline alert is located within the file structure that only a rooted device can access. This seems a very silly way to store notification sounds as you can then not select a default sound without restoring the phone.

Last edited:

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Did you try it? I would guess it's part of an app, think pop up ad. You didn't install either, but there they are. You don't need to root your phone to change the noti sounds.

Asmith1986

Jul 18, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

Managed to solve it by resetting defaults on media storage (system app). This then allowed me to then choose this as the default selector and restore skyline. I think the system was using file explorer by default as the tone selector (probably a setting carried over from my old phone).

For anyone who has a similar issue I did the following.

Settings > Apps > Three Little Dots in Top Right Corner > Show System Apps > Media Storage > Set As Default > Clear Defaults

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
You have solved this problem, but you've disabled a system app. If, and when, you get some aberrant behavior, change it back.
Hi,

Managed to solve it by resetting defaults on media storage (system app). This then allowed me to then choose this as the default selector and restore skyline. I think the system was using file explorer by default as the tone selector (probably a setting carried over from my old phone).

For anyone who has a similar issue I did the following.

Settings > Apps > Three Little Dots in Top Right Corner > Show System Apps > Media Storage > Set As Default > Clear Defaults

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18