4 days ago i bought a Huawei Y9 (2018) which carries oreo, pretty decent phone if you want to recieve calls or browse through social media. The problem with it is that it has been corrupting my micro sd cards so far it has destroyed two microsd class 10 16gigs when i format it through chkdsk or 3rd party software, and it works perfectly on the pc and it does on the phone as well but as soon as you turn it off or take out the microsd and reinsert it again it appears as corrupted why can i do?
    08-05-2018 02:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that if you power the phone down, then power it up again, the card becomes corrupt? Or does it only happen after you remove and reinsert the card? Are you making sure to go to Settings>Storage and selecting the option to Unmount the SD card before you remove it? Removing an SD card without Unmounting it first can potentially cause data corruption if the phone was in the middle of a read/write operation at the time you remove the card.
    08-05-2018 04:30 PM
    It happens with everything, if you put data into it but dont put the memory onto the phone the card works perfectly but as soon as, you put it on your phone, and try to write something on it the memory becomes corrupt, it happens when you turn off the phone and, turn it again, when you safely eject the card (unmounting) not just taking the card off the tray without sucessfully and safely eject it, literally i bought the memory one day after i bought the phone so 3 days and its been corrupted, other thing to write about is, that if im lucky the audios or pictures get playable and the cards is functional as long as, you dont turn the device off, but in other cases is just a matter of putting the card on the tray close it and becomes corrupt immediately, also one time got corrupted when i wanted to put the, sd as a destination for the pictures taken by the camera so that goes to show how many times ive formatted the card using chkdsk diskpart and 3rd software formatters
    08-05-2018 05:31 PM
    Although it's uncommon, it's possible the phone is causing the problem. I recall this happened with one or more Samsung phones in the past (either the S4 or S5), which was apparently due to a bug in the firmware. It'd be interesting to see if other Y9 owners are experiencing this as well. Otherwise, the main thing I can suggest is to contact Huawei customer support and report the problem.
    08-08-2018 06:34 AM