LG G5 Oreo "No SIM card is inserted"

Duncsisfunks

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I have an LG G5 with Virgin Mobile and I recently updated to Android 8.0 Oreo. A few days afterwards my phone all of a sudden says "No SIM card is interested" I was receiving texts up until then even the day that it happened. I exchanged sim cards with my mom's G5 which has Android 7.0 and it worked fine in her phone, however her sim card didn't register in my phone. I believe this is a problem with the Android update but I'm not sure. I've tried removing and inserting my sim card multiple times as well as restarting my phone and turning on and off airplane mode. I'm not sure what to do other than factory reset. Also the phone updates over the air, but since it acts as if there is no sim card I can't connect to the update centre to receive an update. Is there another way to get updates or any suggestions on how to fix this or who to talk to about this issue? Thanks!

Last edited:

Oreoblows

Oct 3, 2018
Visit site
I've done nothing yet as so far, my research has led me to the same two conclusions you detailed and I decided to wait a little and see if they send out a patch to fix the problem THEY created rather than me inconveniencing myself of paying money. But... It's starting to get real annoying.

Duncsisfunks

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
No updates so far. Does Google even know this is a problem they need to fix? Is it worth downgrading back to android nougat? That looks very confusing. IDK.... Anymore ideas though?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers