Why can't I see my icons on home screen?

rosalind elbaum

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
On my moto g 5, after moving apps to sd card, the icons are no longer appearing on home screen after reboot.
I cleared cache for each app.
I am using launcher3.
Any suggestions?

Sethious277

Oct 2, 2018
Visit site
I'm not familiar with that particular launcher but I can make an attempt to help I suppose
If the launcher has an app drawer, check there to see if they are in it. If they are, manually drag them out to your home screen.
If they are not there, your SD card may have come loose and the launcher can't read the app anymore.

rosalind elbaum

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm not familiar with that particular launcher but I can make an attempt to help I suppose
If the launcher has an app drawer, check there to see if they are in it. If they are, manually drag them out to your home screen.
If they are not there, your SD card may have come loose and the launcher can't read the app anymore.

The apps are in the app drawer. After i manually drag them to home screen, they then disappear again after reboot. I have cleared cache partition - also didn't help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you format the card as Internal Storage or Portable Storage?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21