Can't send or receive MMS texts

PapawMike

Oct 27, 2018
Visit site
Recently ( 4 to 6 weeks) noticed that I am unable to send or receive MMS texts. Don't send many group texts or pictures so it kind of slipped by until I really needed to and couldn't.
Samsung Galaxy J3 phone. Phone was "originally" an ATT phone but I've been using it on the Straight Talk system for almost a year.
OS is Oreo 8.1. Android Security Update on 9/1/18. Oreo 8.1 and Android Security Patch are dated 9/7/18.
Have reset the phone via the method that doesn't wipe my information and that didn't work. So backed everything up and did Factory Reset. Still couldn't send/receive MMS texts. Got with Straight Talk and set up an APN with their settings (instead of the ATT ones that had been working fine) and still unable to Send/Receive MMS text. Got with Samsung and after reviewing steps already taken they recommended to take it to a walk-in service center.
Not an expensive phone but it was working great and now not. Any suggestions appreciated.

PapawMike

Oct 27, 2018
Visit site
Straight Talk sent the following via sms which I put in a new APN.

Name: ST APN
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
MMS_APN_TYPE: default,mms,supl

If a setting was not directly mentioned in the text I left it blank except as below.
APN Protocol & APN Roam were left at the ATT setting of IPv4/IPV6.

Using the "new" APN the phone sends/receives sms, phone calls, internet, etc just still no MMS function.

PapawMike

Oct 27, 2018
Visit site
Used the Straight Talk AT&T APN on the link you sent and was able to Send/Receive MMS! Even after I restored the phone with backed up Data it worked! Thanks so much for your help! You are a scholar and a gentleman in my book.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX