Hi,
    My tablet is picked up by my PC. It charges and everything as normal, but it will not register on My Computer. I can't open my tablet to transfer files over to my PC. I've read countless threads online and nothing helps. My settings for USB etc on the tablet are correct. On Devices and Printers on PC (Win7) the tablet shows up and the device is running fine. No errors. I can't think of anything else I can do! This is driving me nuts. Any help very much appreciate. I've also rebooted and showdown the PC, run my other partition (Win10) but still no joy.
    11-01-2018 07:36 AM
    does your device manager on pc detected it as portable devices or unknown devices? or any sign that your tablet have been detected on your pc? have you ever tried install adb drivers for your phone?
    11-01-2018 08:36 AM
    Does the tablet pop up anything that gives you a choice of actions for USB, with "Charging" selected? If so, choose MTP or Transfer Files (or File Transfer).
    11-03-2018 01:11 PM
    I don't know if I have exactly the same problem or not but certainly very similar.

First of all this is a Pixel 2 w/ Android 9, Security patch level Oct. 5, 2018, build PPR2 181005.003

I connect my Pixel 2 to my Win10 laptop (as I have done many times before) to transfer some pictures. It's connected because it makes a noise and the battery icon shows the lightening bolt.
    Then I look on the phone to set the File Transfer option. It's not where it has been in the past but I do eventually find it. But no popup occurs on the laptop as it always has in the past. So I look for for Pixel 2 in the Win10 File Explorer - in the past when connected as it is right now I have always found the Pixel 2 in File Explorer. But no longer!

I have restarted the phone but that has made no difference. I powered down and then back up but that too made no difference.

I connected the phone to a different Win10 laptop but saw the same symptoms.

I don't think that it has been too long since I last successfully transferred a photo from the phone to the same laptop.

I have no idea what to try next. In a similar thread someone said that his problem was fixed when Verizon sent him a different phone. But I bought my phone from Google and I don't think that it's a hardware problem.

The ability to transfer photos from the Pixel 2 to my laptop is really important to me. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Bob
    11-04-2018 11:15 AM
    Hi,

If you're not into networking, the method I use will probably seem like too much work but I'll offer it up just the same.

I'm still using an S4 with 4.4.4 on it btw...

There's a utility that's been around for ages called netcat. It's a linux utility that was developed on Linux but has been ported to Windows as well.

Netcat runs on the command line and it's very lightweight. You can use it to listen on a port (TCP or UDP) or send to a listening port.

It would take too long for me to write a whole tutorial but you can google it and find out more about it.

You can download Netcat for Windows and to run it on your phone, you'll need to download a terminal emulator from the play store and then install either BusyBox (which I think you need root for), or Kbox, which is what I have. Kbox comes with a whole suite of stripped-down Linux built-ins, one of which is Netcat.

You run it on your terminal like: nc {options}

I've been using it for 20 years and can't imagine life without it but then again - I'm weird like that.
    11-26-2018 11:32 PM