Downgrading Marshmallow to Lollipop?

lotus1922

Jul 4, 2018
Visit site
Just bought a new G4 H810 on eBay. The box says it has Lollipop 5.1, but when I booted it for the first time it set up with Marshmallow 6.0. Now the knock code requires at least six taps in three different quadrants in order to unlock the screen. I would rather have my three-knock code I had in my previous g4 that came with Lollipop.

Is there a way to downgrade the new phone to Lollipop? Or is there some tweak to get the Marshmallow to accept a three-knock code?

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am tempted to say LG does a similar thing that Samsung does in preventing rolling back to a prior version of Android. In other words, I don't think you can do that.

lotus1922

Jul 4, 2018
Visit site
But it's weird that the box says it has Lollipop 5.1 SW version is H101e. But after the phone sets up it loads with Marshmallow 6.0 SW version H81021y. On initial startup it Does go through a lengthy optimizing apps process before launching into the initial setup. So does that mean that it's automatically updating the OS before setting up? But how would it do that without a wifi network being set up first?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that MM was loaded before it was put in the box, but the box design didn't change.
But it's weird that the box says it has Lollipop 5.1 SW version is H101e. But after the phone sets up it loads with Marshmallow 6.0 SW version H81021y. On initial startup it Does go through a lengthy optimizing apps process before launching into the initial setup. So does that mean that it's automatically updating the OS before setting up? But how would it do that without a wifi network being set up first?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that MM was loaded before it was put in the box, but the box design didn't change.
Agreed, but not by the manufacturer. I'm not aware of manufacturers changing the OS that's installed during production. It's more likely that this was either a used or refurbished phone, especially given the age of the G4 and that it hasn't been in production for a long time now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz