Settings? Oreo App Background & Windows / Chrome Desktop Notifications

consultant1027

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Wonder if someone can throw me a bone (or a cookie rather) regarding a couple different aspects of Orea pertaining to notifications.

The first is I see Orea giving me notifications (some constantly) about which apps are using battery, and which apps are running in the background. These seem they would be useful for the non-technical Oreo users that have in the past had issues with their phone battery draining fast or running slow because they loaded up too many poorly coded apps on their phone and then had no clue about the negative effects of some of them. That's not me.

I would guess you can't turn the battery usage notification off, but I'd sure like to turn off the notifications about which apps are running in the background.

Second issue is, I uses MightText and on Oreo I seem some overlap with delivery App Notifications to my Windows Desktop (I assume it's doing it through Chrome? I haven't dug deep on this obviously). These app desktop notifications were coming through for a while and then all the sudden they just stopped.

How do you turn them on and how do you control which notifications are shown on your Windows / Chrome desktop?

consultant1027

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I found the setting regarding battery usage notification. It is quite buried. This page tells how to get to it (https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-disable-persistent-notifications-in-android-oreo/)

Still can't find how to turn off the notification: "This system is running{app name in} in the background." It's doing it for my Whoscall app but nothing else even though I have Llama and Lux running in the background.

Still searching for Oreo native desktop /chrome notication settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12