When You Sign In Your Accounts After Factory Reset Do The Viruses Come Back?

zanshin777

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Let's say you do Factory Reset your phone with this method.

1) Shut down the phone.
2) Enter Recovery Screen
3) Wipe Data/Factory Reset - Enter
4) Yes - Delete All User Data - Enter
5) Reboot System Now - Enter

Then you open your phone and sign in your accoounts at "Settings - Personalization - Accounts"
(Google, Samsung, Dropbox etc.)

Now, Is it possible when you signed in your accounts then the viruses come back?
(Maybe your accounts bring back those viruses whilst retrieving data?)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you got the virus from some app you installed, reinstalling it would reinstall the virus. Goggle Play, Samsung Cloud and Dropbox don't, themselves, have viruses. (If they did, the whole world would know it in less than an hour. The last time something like that happened, I left work to pick my wife up at her office to go home. During that 15 minute trip, a major virus had been unleashed on the world. By the time I got to her office, most major companies were already taking steps to prevent the spread of the virus. Less than 15 minutes. [She was #2 in the tech department at her company, so of course she was putting in overtime fixing things. The SVP in charge knew me and asked if I could help them, so it would go faster. We had dinner at her office that night. That's how serious something like that gets. I haven't seen any such news, and it's been hours since you posted the question.)

If you got the virus from a website, going to that website again would "bring back" the virus. If the virus had installed as a system app, doing a factory reset wouldn't get rid of it.

Otherwise, just running a good antivirus app should get rid of it.

zanshin777

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Thank you very much for the answer Rukbat.

I'm suspicious about the type of virus that your girlfriend may install your phone to spy on you.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Set up a PIN and don’t tell your girlfriend. Don’t let your gf use your phone unsupervised.

Or … get a new gf who won’t want to spy on you.

Or … stop the behaviors that makes a gf want to spy on you.

Problem solved.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
It's far more likely she is logged into your accounts than she put a virus on your phone. Change passwords on everything and don't tell her.

Of course you might also want to figure out and solve the trust issues if you want the relationship to last. One of you clearly doesn't trust the other.