Missing Storage and USB Setting on RCA Pro12 (Marshmallow)

Dextrosia

Mar 12, 2019
Visit site
Hi There.

Just wondering if anyone else out there has encountered a similar problem,
I recently purchased a RCA Pro12 Tablet on ebay.
When I received it I noticed a large sticker underneath reading "Demo Unit-Not all features might be fully activated" or something along those lines
Everything seemed to be working fine though, that is, until I decided to install a SD card into the unit for some added storage space.
It does not want to "see" any sd cards I insert into it, but even more than that, when I go to it's settings menu, I cannot find an option for "Storage and USB" anywhere under the settings menu???
(It does however recognise usb sticks plugged into it on it's usb port)

I have googled far and wide, but so far not come across a similar problem on the RCA tablets (or Android 6) out there, so I must admit, i am now completely stumped!

Any ideas as to what to try to get it to recognise sd cards, or to let the "Storage and USb" options appear again under it's settings menu?
Oh yes, it is running android 6. (Marshmallow)
Many Thanks,
Gary

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
From this site:

Try booting into safe mode. Shut down your phone, and as it's powering back on hold down the volume down button until the lock screen​ shows. From there go to settings then to apps, and find any apps that may be taking control of your tab. Also try getting the app ES file explorer to get rid of the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay