Can't get auto-sync to stop turning itself off

MustangCobra98

Jan 3, 2020
Visit site
Same issue on Android 10 (Pixel phone...) Removed all accounts and it was still doing it. I just uninstalled Yahoo apps(News/etc) to see if it solves it. This is driving me crazy. Glad I found this thread to know it was not just me... Thanks!

Gregory Laube

Dec 29, 2019
Visit site
Same issue on Android 10 (Pixel phone...) Removed all accounts and it was still doing it. I just uninstalled Yahoo apps(News/etc) to see if it solves it. This is driving me crazy. Glad I found this thread to know it was not just me... Thanks!

Keep us posted. I'm really curious to see if it really is yahoo. I'm still running good. No problem at all.

MustangCobra98

Jan 3, 2020
Visit site
Still working fine after I uninstalled Yahoo apps yesterday... Noticed Yahoo News has a new version dated Jan 2nd, with bug fixes.. Wondering if they fixed this annoying bug.

SUP99

Jan 7, 2020
Visit site
I had the exact same problem for weeks on my Pixel 3. Just uninstalled the Yahoo app and so far so good. Thank you for figuring this out!

Chukwuemekalum

Mar 17, 2021
Visit site
Hey I came and saw this thread and I followed all your instructions but my infinix s4 is still having this issue and note I don't have yahoo installed on my device

Bruce Unisex

Jan 17, 2022
Visit site
I suspect that hacker like play mess our phones keeps off our messages notifications cuz hacker want stalking but not want alarm on phone also reason I caught hacker stalking nose in our phone keep off foreground sync that reason cut they want cut our autosync

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There's usually no good reason to automatically suspect that you've been hacked. The possibility of a glitch or a bug is almost always much higher.

RobFrance

Apr 3, 2022
Visit site
on the Samsung there is a setting for Deep Sleeping Apps and Put APps to Sleep,
I added gmail and chrmoe into the Never sleep, and that seems to be working