Phone stuck at regestering device at software update, Samsung Galaxy j7 nxt

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Sometime before there was some glitch from Samsung side when they sent a software update for Android oreo update where the touch was not working so I saw a YouTube video where he flashed with some file it was around 15mb, from that day the screen boots with name as Samsung j7 neo whereas my phone is Samsung j7nxt and I want to unlock the OEM unlock because the phone has baseband version as unknown but when I click on update manually in software update section it says registering device and doesnt end. I want to unlock OEM option so that I can fix the baseband version unknown please help fast.
Thanks,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry -- just to clarify, you're saying you flashed a ROM intended for a different device? That can cause various issues, ranging from minor to incapacitating. Are you able to flash the original firmware back to the phone?

The Relevant

Apr 27, 2019
Visit site
I didn't try flashing the ROM again because I flashed some CSE file which was 15mb so I thought it won't make much change. Please help me fast I want to unlock OEM option and also for flashing I need to use OEM unlock which is not their in my phone.also I have baseband version as unknown. Please help

The Relevant

Apr 27, 2019
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt stuck at regestering device at software update.

Sometime before there was some glitch from Samsung side when they sent a software update for Android oreo update where the touch was not working so I saw a YouTube video where he flashed with some file it was around 15mb, from that day the screen boots with name as Samsung j7 neo whereas my phone is Samsung j7nxt and I want to unlock the OEM unlock because the phone has baseband version as unknown but when I click on update manually in software update section it says registering device and doesnt end. I want to unlock OEM option so that I can fix the baseband version.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like he booted with the boot.img file (I haven't pulled one from a Samsung update, but the Pixel boot,img is 32MB, so it's in the same ballpark), but I don't know if you can boot with a file on a Samsung, because there's no "bootloader mode" - if you try to get to get to it, you get to the download mode.

I suppose you could try that - download a J7 Neo ROM and extract the boot.img file (7Zip handles the .tar or .tar.md5 files) (it seems to be in the AP file - about 10MB for the Note 3, so it looks sane), use fastboot to boot that from download mode (fastboot boot boot.img - you'll have to install adb and fastboot and the Samsung USB Driver for Windows in the PC) and see if it works. (It won't hurt anything if it doesn't.) If it does, you're booted properly, and should be able to back up anything important, then flash the whole ROM with Odin.

And please let us know if it works, so we'll have another tool to help people with - the knowledge that you can boot a dead Samsung.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87