Hi All,

I have recently bought a USB headphone/charge adapter to use with my Lenovo Legion Duel.. You know the type (I hope) there are kinda "T" shaped. Plug it into the USB C socket - one side has a 3.5mm headphone socket and the other has a USB C socket to allow charging at the the same time ... except it does not. The headphone bit works fine but when I plug in a USB C cable it does not charge. I swapped cables/sockets/orientations - always the same. Ah well - the adapter did not cost much so I thought it must just be broken and got another one. Except this one behaves exactly the same.

I did a bit of digging in the setting menu and thought maybe something in the "USB controlled by" but all those options are greyed out. I did have a search for "Charge" but none of the results seemed to help.

So - anyone got any ideas? Is it just not possible to charge via an adapter? This seems odd as they work on many other phones...
    10-04-2021 03:07 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a listing for that adapter that you can share here? Are you able to test it on another device?
    10-04-2021 03:19 PM
    Hi B. Diddy.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my issue. The adapter is one of these.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=8pVHDw9v

I have used it on both ports on the phone (the duel has two sockets). I also checked it on my wife's phone (also a duel - same issue) and on my old Redme Note 9 (same result). I also have another adapter (similar but not identical) and that is also not working. So - I don't think it's the adapter because I have two that don't work and also 3 phones that don't work.

I did also use a number of different mains adapters and leads/orientations but nothing seems to work. I am wondering if I am missing something. I did notice (after I bought the adapter) that it does say

"This Type-C Adapter is NOT compatible with RAZER Phone,MAC Book, iPad Pro, Essential PH-1,Motorola phones, Google pixel 2/3 and HTC U11 Model."

My phone is not listed but there are obviously some compatibility issues somewhere... Just not sure if I can do anything about it.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.
    10-04-2021 03:30 PM
    The problem with USB-C is that even though it's becoming more of a universal standard in terms of the port and plug shape, there is still a fair amount of variability in terms of things like audio and video support, so this is probably one of those things. You may want to look for a splitter that specifies compatibility with Lenovo, since one would hope that Lenovo would use the same USB-C technology in all of their devices. Here's one to consider: https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Ada...cUvbUpU6989412
    10-05-2021 02:55 AM
    Hi B. Diddy.

I am very much thinking the same as you. However it is the form factor I am after - not so much the headphone socket. This adapter sits nice and flush so I was thinking it will allow me to charge and play at the same time. I have however also ordered one of these

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=acyuU_Vq

As I see it - that is a two port hub so it should work without issues and give me the same slim form factor.

When I get it I will report back for anyone else having the same issue. I hate it when someone in a forum has the same problem as me but does not post the solution when they find it .
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-05-2021 06:17 AM
    Well ... that mini USB hub arrived today ... and YES!!!. It works. Charges on both sockets - any orientation. Even lets me plug an audio adapter into the unused end.

So Lenovo peeps out there. If you are after a very slim 90 degree charging adapter - forget the USB one side Audio the other - get the little double USB one.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-15-2021 07:25 AM