Why won't my phone go into recovery mode?

A

AC Question

My phone is Lenovo P770. I found this CPU governor app thing and there was a box and I checked it. My phone suddenly hanged and superuser thing appeared. Then I tried pressing deny and my phone just hanged. I removed the battery and tried turning it on again. It's okay starting up but after like 30 secs it just hangs... I tried going to recovery mode but it'll just light up a bit and disappear. It won't work ack! HELP PLSSSS IM SO PISSED AT MYSELF FOR BEING AN *****.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: My phone wont go to recovery mode!

Was your phone rooted at some point? I'm asking this because you mentioned a prompt about Superuser access. Either it is the CPU governor app saying your MUST install Superuser access to use the program or your device is already rooted and it is asking to grant Superuser access.

Either way I'm not certain as to why your device is failing to enter recovery unless you are rooted and something was corrupted w/ your stock or custom recovery.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My phone wont go to recovery mode!

I'm with Paul - I'm not certain either. That's something that has to be worked on hands-on to diagnose. But if it comes to the worst, find the software tool Lenovo uses to flash ROMs, find the stock ROM for your phone, and try reflashing the ROM. (Your best source for information and files is probably going to be Lenovo P780 - XDA Forums - it's for the 780, but the devs there will probably know of any differences between the two, and where you can download what you need. Also any tricks Lenovo has [every manufacturer has different little button press combinations to use to restore a soft-bricked phone].)