[K80m, P90] Facebook and possibly Chrome crashing shortly after I open them

FabriciusFab

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone! So I have my mom's phone and honestly, she mostly uses it to browse some pages and watch her Facebook feed, but lately everytime she opens the facebook app. I installed Lite, but everytime she opens a link, it closes itself too, and now I see Chrome closes too.
I did a factory reset and the situation's the same.
Any ideas, please? I just want my mom to use her phone for the only thing she uses it.
Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already clearing the Facebook app's cache and data? This is stil worth doing even after the factory reset, because the app might be restoring some old data that could be causing the instability.

FabriciusFab

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
Have you already clearing the Facebook app's cache and data? This is stil worth doing even after the factory reset, because the app might be restoring some old data that could be causing the instability.

I did, and then reinstalled again to the same result. In fact Chrome does something like this, and Firefox too

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to figure out if it could be an Android System Webview issue, which was a separate system app in Lollipop through Marshmallow, then got incorporated into Chrome for Nougat and above. But when I read about it, it sounds like it was actually incorporated into Chrome back in KitKat, before they made it a separate app.

See if you can uninstall updates to Chrome -- if so, does that seem to fix the issue? Updates to Android System Webview sometimes cause various glitches with certain devices.

FabriciusFab

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
I was trying to figure out if it could be an Android System Webview issue, which was a separate system app in Lollipop through Marshmallow, then got incorporated into Chrome for Nougat and above. But when I read about it, it sounds like it was actually incorporated into Chrome back in KitKat, before they made it a separate app.

See if you can uninstall updates to Chrome -- if so, does that seem to fix the issue? Updates to Android System Webview sometimes cause various glitches with certain devices.

Thanks for your suggestion, however, the phone did not ship with chrome pre-installed and even after unistalling the updates, it's all still the same

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In case some other app is causing the instability, you could try another factory reset and this time install those apps one by one (without installing any other app), and seeing if the problem still occurs. Start with Chrome or Firefox first.