App won't write to sd card

A

AC Question

I have an app that is running on my phone (lollipop) and 2 tablets (one KitKat one lollipop) that can write to my external SD card. I just bought my wife a lenovo A8-50f tablet running lollipop 5.1 and the same app will not see the SD card. I have the lenovo a10 tab and it works fine.

It is a sign language app that uses a lot of space. I have checked the permissions and it has access to r/w on the external SD cad. I have checked the sd card it works and i have formated it on her tablet. Any reason why it doesn't see it on my wife's tab?

Any help would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Not all devices support the ability to move an app portion to the SD card. On the A8 tablet, look through all of the other apps in Settings>Apps. Do any of them have a Move to SD button? If not, then that tablet, for whatever reason, doesn't support that function.

TonioMAG

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah other apps can be moved to the micro SD card and can write to it as well. For some reason this one app even though it has the permissions to be able to it won't see the SD card.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Permission to read/write to the SD doesn't mean that the app itself can be moved to SD. Not all apps can be moved to SD--this limitation is dependent on the developer. You'd have to root the device and use Link2SD or App Mgr III to move these kinds of apps to the SD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC