Hi There,

My wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, running an outdated version of CyanogenMod (the maintainer bailed, quite some time ago) looks like it's dead. She remembered seeing a Costco advert for a clearance on a Lenovo tablet running "Pure Android." So last night I began my research. Found the Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70. For $180 (16GB) or $200 (32GB). This tablet looks like a good deal. Not blazing performance, but passable. Way better display and sound than could be expected for its price. Good battery life. Best of all: Nearly Pure Android.

So why is this tablet not getting any attention?

Jim
    04-26-2016 07:21 AM

So why is this tablet not getting any attention?
    Probably because it's boring. It's a fine tablet, but nothing revolutionary. I was between that and the Zenpad for a while. It'd be hard to evaluate EVERY tablet, so you do the exciting ones and the rest are gravy, I guess.
    04-26-2016 11:06 AM
    Probably because it's boring.
    I suppose. But the "non-boring" ones are all too expensive.

It's a fine tablet, but nothing revolutionary.
    That's all we need: A "fine" tablet.

I was between that and the Zenpad for a while.
    So: Between the Lenovo and the ASUS ZenPad 10: Which way would you jump?

It'd be hard to evaluate EVERY tablet, so you do the exciting ones and the rest are gravy, I guess.
    Oh, I can find reviews/evals. I just can't find anybody talking about actually having owned one.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Jim
    04-26-2016 11:29 AM
    So: Between the Lenovo and the ASUS ZenPad 10: Which way would you jump?
    I actually went with the Zenpad S 8.0 (the 32gb tablet from Best Buy which is in the same price range) as it was the right size for me, and I can read on tablets with higher resolutions much better and it was the same price. Between the two you mentioned, though, I'd go with the Asus Zenpad 10. I trust Asus with updates more than Lenovo, but who really knows how that's going to shake out. The problem I have with the Zenpad is there's no 32GB option in the 10, which is something you have to decide if it's worth upgrading.

Good luck!
    Old Stoneface likes this.
    04-26-2016 11:49 AM
    Thanks for the feedback, mstrblueskys. The comments I see, in reviews, about the ZenPad's "bloatware" put me off, a bit, but I'll keep an open mind.

Jim
    04-26-2016 12:21 PM
    Just pulled the trigger on a Lenovo Tab 2 A10. Seemed to be a toss-up between that and the ASUS ZenPad 10. Given the strengths of each: The Lenovo was stronger in the things important to my wife. Since it's for her: She chooses.

Jim
    04-27-2016 02:16 PM