I am an Android newbie who has had a Lenovo Yoga Book for the past week, still stumbling my way around. I have a lot of experience with Windows, MacOS, and iOS — and a little with Chromebooks (used by my students.)

I'm looking for the some ways to learn my flavor of Android – 6.01, Marshmallow I presume.

Any pointers to books, websites, podcasts, other forums, listservs, or the like that might be the best good places to learn and ask occasional questions and answer those for which I might have already discovered the answers...would be most gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!
    10-14-2016 03:08 PM
    Hi again! See if this guide helps as a starting point: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...-lollipop.html. I haven't updated it for Marshmallow yet (or Nougat, for that matter ), but there aren't really any monumental differences between Lollipop and Marshmallow.
    10-15-2016 02:11 AM
    Thanks again, your're everywhere. I'll peruse and read your Getting Started treasure trove — it looks like it has a lot of helpful stuff.

I imagine I'll figure out a lot of this stuff on the fly. FWIW the primary issues I face, as a teacher, is varying behavior between Chrome browser (MacOS, iOS, Windows, ChromeOS, Android) and the same issue, varying behavior, between the Google Apps within a browser or as native app in all these circumstances.

I appreciate your help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-15-2016 06:51 AM
    Thanks again, your're everywhere. I'll peruse and read your Getting Started treasure trove — it looks like it has a lot of helpful stuff.

I imagine I'll figure out a lot of this stuff on the fly. FWIW the primary issues I face, as a teacher, is varying behavior between Chrome browser (MacOS, iOS, Windows, ChromeOS, Android) and the same issue, varying behavior, between the Google Apps within a browser or as native app in all these circumstances.

I appreciate your help.
    Kind of reminds me of the old days where every OS had a different editor (pre emacs/vi). I must have had to hop between 7 different editors as I moved from machine to machine. It's a shame that the same apps work differently on different OS too.
    ppetto likes this.
    10-15-2016 07:08 AM