Should be receiving it in a couple days. Will post my initial impression of it. I currently have a Sero Pro 7, rooted, running DOPA 4.4 and I really like it. Looking forward to the slightly larger and much better screen, faster processor, and more memory of the Lenovo.
    12-22-2014 05:06 PM
    Keep us posted!
    12-23-2014 04:26 AM
    So far so good! It's amazingly thin and light and the screen is amazing. Hardly any bloatware and Lenovo actually has some pretty good apps already loaded. I played a movie without any issues and I really like the front-mounted speakers. Battery life seems good, I've been using it almost non-stop for most of the day. I think I should get about 7hrs at least. That's with heavy internet usage, downloading all my apps.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-23-2014 11:29 PM
    Good to hear Lenovo is stepping up their game! Their earlier tablets were not very impressive, to say the least ...
    12-24-2014 04:03 AM
    Okay, so I've noticed that the wireless antenna (?) may not be as good as others. Signals that I have been able to pick up are very faint on the S8.
    12-25-2014 11:32 AM
    Okay, so I've noticed that the wireless antenna (?) may not be as good as others. Signals that I have been able to pick up are very faint on the S8.
    I had that same problem too (or so I thought). When I took a speedtest for it and compared it to my laptop, even though my laptop showed full bars and my S8 2-3, the download speeds and ping were roughly the same, while the S8 for whatever reason had double the upload speed.
    Bill Brooks likes this.
    12-26-2014 12:03 AM
    You're right. Even though the signal shows only one bar, the connection is stronger than that. But it still seems like it doesn't connect as easily to signals that I've been able to connect to with my Hisense tablet. I still love the tablet! Very fast, sleek, and no issues with it.
    On another note, hopefully we can get some custom ROMs soon. There is already root access but no one has developed any ROMs yet. The forum at XDA seems to be our best bet for when they become available.
    And I'm going shopping today for a 32GB card. I installed an 8GB and it's almost full already, but the internal memory on the tablet itself still has plenty of room, which is fine by me. I'd rather have more room on the tablet.
    12-30-2014 10:08 AM
    Ok not a droid expert here but curious abt GPS on this device.
    Specs and tech support say GPS rx not built in, however it allows GPS only on location setup.
    I drove around with GPS only enabled and it seemed to work, I was in a high density urban area though.
    Any techies that can explain how this works or does it actually have GPS RX on board (I am hoping for RX!)

Tim
    01-02-2015 05:50 PM
    I bought a couple Illumishield screen protectors for the tablet. they fit really well and still allow use of my Adonit Jot Pro stylus. I also installed Nova 3 (free) and have played it a couple times without any lag or issues whatsoever. And I also dropped it the other day, while putting the screen protector on it. Luckily it fell flat and it didn't affect it at all. In fact, that was before I installed Nova 3.
    01-07-2015 10:05 AM
    I just recently purchase an S8 tablet, and it seems that it is very poor at resisting fingerprints -- much worse than my Galaxy Note 3, or any other tablet I've used for that matter. After briefly using it has very noticeable fingerprints and smudges everywhere. My finger doesn't seem to glide on the screen as easily as other tablets/smartphones. Just wondering if anyone has noticed a similar issue with theirs, or if I just got a bad one. I know it's a budget tablet, so it's forgivable if they skimped on putting an oleophobic coating on it altogether, or possibly applied an oleophobic coating that just isn't as good as more expensive tablets/phones, but I was just curious to find out the situation. Thanks all.
    01-07-2015 07:32 PM
    I just got a S8-50 today, so far I like it very much. However, FlyBri is right; this thing is a fingerprint magnet!

Sent From My New Toy, The Lenovo S8-50
    04-03-2015 12:12 AM
    Just occaisionally my S8 switches itself off trying to restart does nothing. Repeatedly holding and releasing the on off button doesn't work. Then suddenly it'll start up. Any ideas
    04-20-2015 08:18 AM
    No ideas, sorry. But have you tried here?:
    Https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-...-based-tablets
    04-21-2015 12:37 AM
    Link doesn't work. How do you soft reset the tablet?
    04-22-2015 01:51 AM