Error message "Unfortunately, contact manager has stopped" Lenovo Yoga tablet 10

UppstadPropell

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I get the error message "Unfortunately, contact manager has stopped", as soon as I turn on the tablet. It seems that several error messages are piled up ´behind´ this first error message: "Google play has stopped", "lenovo Weather has stopped". As a consequence, I cannot get beyond the error message and access the file manager or the menu in order to get my data and/or make a factory reset. Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! See if you can boot into Safe Mode, which prevents 3rd party apps from starting up. You could then open apps individually to see when problems start to occur. On most Android devices, you can get into Safe Mode by pressing and holding Power until the Power menu appears (this is while the device is still on). Then press and hold Power Off until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

UppstadPropell

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I tried to get into safe mode this way, but the tablet started a loop of shut down, first step of restart, then shut down again, first step.... There was no safe mode prompt.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How new is your tablet? Is it rooted? You may want to contact Lenovo about a replacement if it's still covered by warranty.

Rajesh Ambekar

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I get the error message "Unfortunately, contact manager has stopped", as soon as I turn on the tablet. It seems that several error messages are piled up ´behind´ this first error message: "Google play has stopped", "lenovo Weather has stopped". As a consequence, I cannot get beyond the error message and access the file manager or the menu in order to get my data and/or make a factory reset. Any suggestions?

JR Khan

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
hi,
go to App
All App
locate Contact storage
force stop
open the phone book
check the response by searching some names
Its working for me, but Lenovo needs this capsule thrice a day :)

Ermalyn De Castro

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty