I rooted my Ally today - super easy btw. But now that I've done it, what do I do with it? Where can I get Android 2.2, and all the other "cool" stuff I've been hearing about? Other than removing all the crap programs that Verizon includes on the phone, what's the benefit?
    08-31-2010 10:55 PM
    You can turn off things you don't use, use the phone as USB host (means you can put USB sticks and stuff in it) and my personal favourite: overclock it. :P

Loads of other things you could do. I've not done it myself, so I don't know half the things you can do.
    09-01-2010 10:35 AM
    You can turn off things you don't use, use the phone as USB host (means you can put USB sticks and stuff in it) and my personal favourite: overclock it. :P

Loads of other things you could do. I've not done it myself, so I don't know half the things you can do.
    Forgive the Noob question, but overclock? What is that?
    09-01-2010 02:39 PM
    2.2 for the ally isn't out yet. There is a custom rom of 2.1 called velocity that you can flash.

Overclocking is raising the processor speed over the spec'd max (600mhz). However that requires a custom reworked kernel that doesn't exist.

Supposedly 2.2 is going to be released this month by LG...thats just the rumor and take that with a block of salt. Maybe a custom Rom of 2.2 will be released in a few weeks. Who knows.

My wife has this phone and I'm eager to get 2.2 on there because I think the phone will speed up. My incredible (with 2.2) clocked at 245mhz is faster than the ally at stock speeds.
    09-03-2010 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD