Google maps/nav included?? Few other questions

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
My girlfriend loves my D1 with it maps and nav. She is now really thinking about the Ally as she likes the device. My question is does it have the same navigation as my D1? or is she stuck with VZ Nav or some other stuff?

My other questions are in regards to texting, facebook, and yelp. Will she have any issues doing all the stuff she has got use to using my phone? I know texting wont be an issue, but has anyone run into limitations?

Thanks for the help. I am glad she loves android, i just want to make sure her first android phone is a good experience.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Yep, everything you want is there...Wife uses it for all that. I don't recommend installing Angry Birds is all...it seems to take a lot of overhead and slows the Ally down. Oh, two other things to know: it doesn't have 2.2 yet, and VZW isn't say if it will ever, which means that it doesn't have Flash, and won't do automatic updates for apps. Otherwise, great phone.

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that! I don't think she will care about 2.2 or Flash. Even I am not 100% sold on needing flash, nice to have but not a deal breaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes