Froyo ota update!!!!!

rjmoorejr1

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Yup, in Tampa. It popped up asking if I wanted to update, after about 10 minutes it rebooted and shows 2.2.1 as the Android OS. Makes me sad about my Fascinate :-(

rjmoorejr1

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I had to head off to work right after the update, so I'll be playing more with it later today. I had heard some talk about Flash not being supported on the Ally Froyo update, any truth to that you think? I couldn't find/download Flash in the 2 minutes I had to play with the phone this morning. Anyone else getting the update? I'm starting to question myself.... :)

bam5252

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
All I know is, I woke up this morning to the nasty buzz of my phone rattling the nightstand and after five minutes of vibration hijinx I realized in order to actually SILENCE my phone, I have to go into settings/sound settings...seriously??
Is this an improvement to everyone else?
No more single-wipe "sounds off" is, believe it or not, a deal breaker for this basic user. I love this phone, and am so "basic" I haven't a clue what non-edible froyo is. The listed perks of the update do nothing for me - I just know my gmail looks a little different, the google icon turned a facebookblue, my browser is slow, and oh yeah - I CAN'T SILENCE MY PHONE! Oy. I'm bummed and would take any advice y'all might offer.
Wish I could share in all the excitement!
But I wanna go back to the dark ages! You know... when there was silence n stuff?
Is that possible?

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
All I know is, I woke up this morning to the nasty buzz of my phone rattling the nightstand and after five minutes of vibration hijinx I realized in order to actually SILENCE my phone, I have to go into settings/sound settings...seriously??
Is this an improvement to everyone else?
No more single-wipe "sounds off" is, believe it or not, a deal breaker for this basic user. I love this phone, and am so "basic" I haven't a clue what non-edible froyo is. The listed perks of the update do nothing for me - I just know my gmail looks a little different, the google icon turned a facebookblue, my browser is slow, and oh yeah - I CAN'T SILENCE MY PHONE! Oy. I'm bummed and would take any advice y'all might offer.
Wish I could share in all the excitement!
But I wanna go back to the dark ages! You know... when there was silence n stuff?
Is that possible?

There is no option to do it when long-holding the on/off button?

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Brothers phone got it this morning. Overall performance is better than 2.1 he says. Still no Flash Player in the market or Appbrain....

SolWgn

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
My wife just got the push here in DFW. Whe is so excited. Says that she dreamed that she got it last night. Im excited that my wife dreams about froyo!

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Wife's phone got it last night. Seems like a little bit of a performance boost and some little usability improvements. Still doesn't run Angry Birds very well...but I never really expected it too.

As for Flash...the Ally is the wrong phone. It's a great phone for typical user's use, social networking, email, texting, and most web browsing. If you really need Flash, something with "Droid" in the name is probably a better choice.

bam5252 - I'm not sure why you don't see the swipe to silence. My wife's phone has swipe to silence, swipe again to vibrate, and swipe third time to return to normal sounds.

Steve in CT

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
So you don't think Flash will run on the Ally? Was ready to start looking for the apk link we had around here for the Droid...