Hi everyone! I scheduled my system update for overnight and completely forgot to plug it into the charger. This happened about 3 weeks ago. Everything was working fine until last night. The phone turned off and got stuck on the LG logo screen. I was able to turn it off and charged it to 100% and it was working fine this morning. About 2 hours later it went back to the logo screen. Currently, its stuck at the logo screen and has been all day . It will completely boot up once in awhile but after being on for a couple minutes it goes back to the logo screen. I tried a master reset but a screen comes up with the little android man laying down with his stomach open and there is a red triangle with a exclamation point over him (he's dead). He stays for a few min then the phone goes back to the logo screen. When I am able to get it back on, nothing is erased. Please Help! This is a prepaid phone so no insurance!
    05-22-2015 06:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which LG phone? Did that system update seem to complete successfully, or are you sure it died during the update? If it died during the update, problems would typically surface immediately, not after 3 weeks.

Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.
    05-23-2015 02:18 AM