Smokin Hot....But in a good way!

anon(319128)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out why the LG G Flex 2 seems to be the forgotten special needs child of 2015. I just picked one up on Ebay for $249 New in the original box. Yes, it did get hot on the original setup being on 5.0.1, but I took the recently released 5.1.1, and the heat problem is gone for me, the battery life is fairly spectacular. I really think Android Central and other places need to take a 2nd look at this phone. Even if the Snapdragon 810 is getting throttled down a bit, it's still got 4 high speed processors going, plus the Adreno 420. The screen isn't as pixelie as a LG G4, but I think it's beautiful still. I experience no slowdowns or hesitations. No, I don't play a lot of games, but I watched videos, gotten my mail, listen to audio books daily, all without issue. I think sites like Android Central wrote it off way too quick.

Please give the G Flex 2 another chance!

Last edited:

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. I would love to see this phone revisited after the update. For me, it was running fine prior to the 5.1.1 update, and even better after, but it would still be great to see a revisit video.

Posted from one of my many Android devices.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It does look like a great device. I wonder if the issue is that there seem to be so many phones this year, only the main flagships are getting most of the attention and then the lower priced contenders, from Chinese manufacturers, and Asus, Alcatel, Moto, and others.

Verloc

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I think it is a great phone at a bargain price (coming from Google Nexus i9250 which was taken up to KitKat 4.4 with SlimROM). My AnTuTu score was 56,0000 when I got it and is now around 54,000. Upgraded to 5.11 as soon as I got it about two months ago, which happened easily via Firmware OTA update. I was concerned about 2 GB RAM but with a bit of fiddling, this doesn't seem to be a problem. Using Puffin browser, internet is fast. Using battery save on locations and cleaning up my Apps a bit, my battery life is fantastic c/f with the old i9250, which was never crash hot. The phone was a lot cheaper than LG G4 and Galaxy S6.
I also bought an Elephone P8000 just for fun and to fiddle with a "China Phone". Half the price of the Flex 2 and pretty good for the money (after you sort out the Optimising app boot loop when you get it). Does everything I want pretty well, but I don't use for gaming, (as I don't either for Flex 2). Elephone doesn't have 4G band frequency 700, which Flex 2 has (and my provider uses in this city), and seems blisteringly fast with this. But does have frequency 1800, which my provider also uses and is pretty good. Elephone wireless also isn't as good as Flex 2, which seems to be real fast and have great range, but still much better than the old 19250.
But I'm no mobile phone expert, just my experience.