LG G Flex 2 Rooted now "desktop" is missing

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So the whole process seems to have worked. I started my phone after the process, it updated the system and loaded up my lock screen. I unlocked the phone and the desktop remained black but all the symbols up top for wifi, charge level, app notifications, etc are showing normally. If hold the arrow in the bottom left it pulls up the dual screen option and I can load a limited number of apps and they work fine. I just can't see any other icons to actually use my phone. Any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Google Play Store with a PC (using the same account that the phone is on) and install a launcher - any launcher. Then press the Home button on the phone and you'll be asked which launcher to use - choose the one you just installed. That will fix your problem temporarily. (And, if you like the new launcher, permanently.) A lot of us here like Nova Launcher.

It's possible that once the new launcher works, the old one will start working too, so when you choose the new one, choose "Just once". not "Always". Then hit the Home button again, choose the original launcher, choose just once, and see if it came back. If it did, hit Home again and choose Always (assuming that you still prefer the original one). Or choose the new one and Always if you prefer that one. (You can always clear defaults on whichever one you chose to use always, in Settings/Application manager. Choose the launcher, scroll down and tap the Clear Defaults button, and you'll be asked which launcher to use every time again.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34