LG G2 Flex: Ghosting

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
others have said brightness at 70% or more fixes they grey issue for them

yea but I don't want to have to crank up the brightness. Well not that I don't want to but I shouldn't have to. It reminds me of my galaxy nexus display!

Sent from my Lumia 928

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
why would you care about doing something that fixes something that bothers you?
makes no sense...

this battery lasts forever, so thats not even an issue

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
why would you care about doing something that fixes something that bothers you?
makes no sense...

this battery lasts forever, so thats not even an issue

Because I watch a lot of videos at night when I like to have the screen brightness low? Does it matter? You shouldn't have to crank up the screen brightness to get rid of the issue on a $200+ device. Its not the end of the world, but really its an issue that could have been fixed preproduction

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I have not experienced the ghosting issue. My screen its pretty good and I have a Note 3 also.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

txgrunt

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have experienced the screen rentention with this device. Apperently its normal? I have my brightness set to 50%. I may have to try the 70% brightness as stated in an earlier post.

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got the flex yesterday. The phone is great, but the retension issue is awful. I used it last night to watch netflix...in a dark room it was definately noticalbe. The retension lasts anywhere from 3 to 10 seconds on my device.

However, using it during the day (from my short experience this morning) has been better. Its not as noticable in higher light areas. And, as stated prevoiusly, pushing your brightness up helps a ton...the battery drops a bit quicker, but the battery in the device is a beast.

Definately annoying though along with the grainy look of gray and whitish screens.

Not really sure im going to keep the device yet.

There are pluses and negative sides to all devices. I just have to see if I can live with looking a severly inferior screen to the competition.

Posted via Android Central App

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Well it makes a lot of sense the wallpaper was a starfield to reduce noticing this in the store. Better than the default wallpaper being a bruised purple sunset...

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Its normal, you have to remember ur dealing with the first generation POLED device. Just the chance you take. I max out the brightness on all devices i get, so dosent bother me at all...

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I just bought mine yesterday and yes, it is noticeable. I keep my screen at 100% brightness and still notice it, although not as much as when the screen is set on a lower brightness setting.

HOWEVER, I will say that the strengths of this phone strongly outweigh the ghosting issue, IMO. I'm coming from a Nexus 5, which I loved, but I missed the large screen size of the Note II that came before it. The phone has bloat, no doubt, but it pales in comparison to the bloat my Note II had.

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have used mine for about 5 days now at 50% brightens and have not seen the ghosting. I love this phone mainly because of the battery. I can easily get through two days with moderate to heavy use.

Posted via Android Central App

Quincy Ferree

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
We're talking about the flex 2 I've had no ghosting or grey problems at all and the brightness is always turned down all the way unless I'm walking outside overall I think it's a great phone but I need help fixing the ghost data problem my storage being used by the system according to the storage app in settings is at 9 GBs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20