lg flex task manager

delurfangs

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded to the flex and i love it except one thing... i hate having to hold the home key to bring up the task manager to close apps. On my old phone i had a button next to my home key dedicated to the task manager. Is there any way to get that back? Or a third party app that would let me swipe from the edge of the screen that will only show me running apps (not a list of all or recently used apps) that will let me close the apps easily? Would prefer not to root if it can be avoided until tmobile finally lets my phone update to kitkat. Thanks for your help.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow what the heck phone had a single tap task manager? I mostly trust my phones to self regulate and SlideAside seems to force an app to suspend until reinvoked.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
No real need for a task manager is there with the new kit Kat? I thought it manages apps and tasks really well

Posted via Android Central App

delurfangs

May 2, 2014
Visit site
My old phone that had a dedicated button was a motorolla atrix hd. And i dont know if kitkat is any better im still on jellybean waiting on tmobile to release the update for my imei. Damn staggered updates it could be any time between now and june 20th before i can download it.

DVJIMATT

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded to the flex and i love it except one thing... i hate having to hold the home key to bring up the task manager to close apps. On my old phone i had a button next to my home key dedicated to the task manager. Is there any way to get that back? Or a third party app that would let me swipe from the edge of the screen that will only show me running apps (not a list of all or recently used apps) that will let me close the apps easily? Would prefer not to root if it can be avoided until tmobile finally lets my phone update to kitkat. Thanks for your help.

There's no real need for a task manager on a Linux platform anyway.

When you're in an apk and you exit via the back button several times, that closes the apk without building a cache file of were you just were.
If you're in an apk and you exit it via the home key or recent apks key, then Linux/ android build a cache file to remind itself that that is where you were and once the operator re-enters the apk again take he / she back to the same point they were last at.

With that said, Linux relies on cache files to know when and where to navigate the user back to rather than holding the apk open/running in ram like windows does. Windows keeps in use apk and software in ram and yes the processor still runs which uses more energy and ram. Linux on the other doesn't keep the processor running with the apk/ software still open.
And due to this we (android users ) don't need task managers or battery savers or task killers.

1. You will have a better user experience, I promise you, if you do away with all those suppossed battery savers and task killers and let ANDROID run the way the people that developed it meant it to run. Minus rooting and bootloader unlocking and upgraded kernels and over clocking and under volting .
Besides if you believe what these devs that have task killers and battery savers for sale on PLAY STORE then wouldn't it make sense that you're adding another running apk.

2. Every time one of those apk kills an apk then the next time you re enter said apk it will have to start up again. Which takes longer, uses more energy, and can be frustrating to say the least when you're in a rush. As most of are in our daily lives.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Between the increased RAM and improved auto task manager, I am having none of the problems on 4.x that I had on Gingerbread. And yes if you look around, most people are reporting better life in 4.x after they uninstall thei old task killer apks. Have not been needing Fast Reboot or an actual restart either, I just boot once a week to be safe. Some of the demo Android devices in stores have a thousand or more hours since last restart....

AND THIS IS A FLEX. Try using the Slide Aside function, it forcibly sleeps an apk without unloading it. This really helps with apps like the various web browsers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad