*Much Lower AnTuTu score after 4.4.2 upgrade!!

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
*After upgrading to Kitkat 4.4.2 my AnTuTu score went down by 4000 points. I have a LG G Flex, but this clearly not a G Flex issue, all Phones are effected, even the LG G2, Samsung Note 3, S5 and Others. This is a Kitkat 4.4.2 issue. It's effecting the CPU / GPU performance somehow.

As seen in the photos below when I was on JB 4.2.2 I had an "Amazing" Killer Score of 37134. Now I'm averaging around 33000 on kitkat 4.4.2. Although an admirable score, it's a huge loss in performance and it shows as AnTuTu benchmark is now running at lower fps. Btw,,, I am not rooted.

*Update; I believe I have found the issue, scroll down to my post #10 . The latest Android KK 4.4.2 build that everyone is now receiving from their carrier has the Dalvik & Bionic files altered. The Dalvik file supports java that AnTuTu checks and uses as part of its scoring. If these files are now corrupt, deleted or altered in any way this would explain my theory and would also be the cause to other some of the other issues that folks are having with KK 4.4.2.

*Kitkat 4.4.2 also has these CPU performance files deleted;

com.sec.android.app.twdvfs.TwDVFSBroadcastReceiver

http://blog.gsmarena.com/lg-g2-jelly-bean-vs-kitkat-benchmark-battle/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

cocous

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G Flex: *Lower AnTuTu score after 4.4.2 upgrade

Me do the same but why?
The geekbench score is higher but the antutu is 3000 lower.
Some other user from his phone antutu score after update to kitkat?

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D955 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Last edited:

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

AnTuTu scores are just awful now on 4.4.2,,,,,, On all phones that took the update.. I bought this phone cause it was fast.... 4.4.2 cripples it for high end gaming. The AnTuTu score does not lie. It is a valid test. It used by many folks (over 100,000,000 downloads). It is right on par with how the phone performs for gaming purposes.

Just compare AnTuTu 4.2.2 vs 4.4.2 details after the test. The score on 4.4.2 is much lower. Something is clearly not right here.

Complaints are coming in from all over these forums on KK 4.4.2. I would caution anyone thinking about installing 4.4.2 to rethink it for now.

*Further proof;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2665814

Last edited:

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

I would like to see your quadrant score being higher on KK 4.4.2. I did not test quadrant when I had KK 4.4.2.

I just ran the quadrant test on my JB 4.2.2 G Flex and I got 23168.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 19

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site

so, why do you care about your benchmark scores?

you realize they dont mean anything, right?

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

Yes, and No... But in this case it does and i will be happy to explain why.

To make a phone call, recieve a text, send a photo, take a photo, surf the net, etc.. A Cell phone needs very little processing power.

Now, if your a gamer on a cell phone, this is a different story. The higher end 3D games require more processing power to run smoother, at higher fps (frames per second). As with a home PC, the better / faster the CPU and GPU you have will make for a much better gaming experance.

So when i ran AnTuTu when i first bought this phone it was running the AnTuTu test with high frame rates and putting out a score of around 37000 on 4.2.2. This was consistant with the reviews and i was very satisfied with these results. Gaming was a great. Now, once 4.4.2 was downloaded, the same test was much slower.. My phones gaming capabilities have decreased. The score on 4.4.2 kitkat was now around 32000 or so. The phones CPU and GPU were now displaying lower fps. My phones processing capabilities decreased signifigantly. My phone was not as fast as first spec'd out with 4.2.2 advertised reviews... For gaming.

So the concern for a lower score is a concern, as it shows a drop in the phones original CPU / GPU gaming performance.

Lets say you purchase a corvette, a very fast car.. Say 5500hp to the rear wheels on a dyno.. Do you need 550hp to go 55mph on the highway.. Heck NO.. But wait, now you go to the dealer for an oil change.. The dealer says, oh there is a software update for your cars computer.. We have installed it as we have to. Its straight from GM. You then go to your local speed shop and they dyno the car again.. Now its only 425hp to the rear wheels. Would you be concerned?? I would surley hope so. Then the dealer says.. Well you can still go 55mph right.. Then i say.. I bought the car with 550hp.. And That's the way i want it. It's my car.

In this case, the AnTuTu test clearly shows a drop in the phones (all phones) CPU / GPU gaming performance when going from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2. This is something to be concerned by. But 4.4.2 has even bigger issues than this. This is only one of them.

If your only use for your cell phone is only for pressing send or end call than this post will mean absolutley nothing to you.

Last edited:

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site

Yes, and No... But in this case it does and i will be happy to explain why.

To make a phone call, recieve a text, send a photo, take a photo, surf the net, etc.. A Cell phone needs very little processing power.

Now, if your a gamer on a cell phone, this is a different story. The higher end 3D games require more processing power to run smoother, at higher fps (frames per second). As with a home PC, the better / faster the CPU and GPU you have will make for a much better gaming experance.

So when i ran AnTuTu when i first bought this phone it was running the AnTuTu test with high frame rates and putting out a score of around 37000 on 4.2.2. This was consistant with the reviews and i was very satisfied with these results. Gaming was a great. Now, once 4.4.2 was downloaded, the same test was much slower.. My phones gaming capabilities have decreased. The score on 4.4.2 kitkat was now around 32000 or so. The phones CPU and GPU were now displaying lower fps. My phones processing capabilities decreased signifigantly. My phone was not as fast as first spec'd out with 4.2.2 advertised reviews... For gaming.

So the concern for a lower score is a concern, as it shows a drop in the phones original CPU / GPU gaming performance.

Lets say you purchase a corvette, a very fast car.. Say 5500hp to the rear wheels on a dyno.. Do you need 550hp to go 55mph on the highway.. Heck NO.. But wait, now you go to the dealer for an oil change.. The dealer says, oh there is a software update for your cars computer.. We have installed it as we have to. Its straight from GM. You then go to your local speed shop and they dyno the car again.. Now its only 425hp to the rear wheels. Would you be concerned?? I would surley hope so. Then the dealer says.. Well you can still go 55mph right.. Then i say.. I bought the car with 550hp.. And That's the way i want it. It's my car.

In this case, the AnTuTu test clearly shows a drop in the phones (all phones) CPU / GPU gaming performance when going from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2. This is something to be concerned by. But 4.4.2 has even bigger issues than this. This is only one of them.

If your only use for your cell phone is only for pressing send or end call than this post will mean absolutley nothing to you.

If it was GM they'd say the engine was being re-chipped to extend its life, and the update was mandatory if you want your warranty unbroken. Like Saab had warranties based on using only 100% full synthetic oil in the engine, similar to Samsung saying they will not repair a phone damaged by a third party battery malfunction.

But in this case we blame Google I think. They're doing strange things to the runtime libs, probably as part of the ART related move to cleanse Android of non googly IP.

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

While researching this kitkat 4.4.2 performance drop issue.. I came across this 4.4.2 Kitkat Optimization post.. Perhaps this is related to the issue? Perhaps not? This tweak appears to show a gain of 4,000 points on the AnTuTu benchmark test which would provide for higher and smoother fps. Gaming performance on 4.4.2 should now be restored. Unfortunately it is only for rooted phones. If I am understanding this tweak correctly. It tweaks the Dalvik & Bionic files for any devices on 4.4.2 KitKat.

Perhaps during the Kitkat Update and transition to 4.4.2 these files or cache some how become corrupt with leftover 4.2.2 files? Could this also be the reason for some other 4.4.2 issues or maybe there is no relation at all? I feel this warrants further investigation.

My phone is not rooted and no longer on 4.4.2 so I cannot test these files. If you happen to try them Please share your results here. I

*Proof;

I would like to further point out that the latest CyanogenMod Android 4.4 KitKat rom has these files as part of its build. CyanogenMod AnTuTu KK 4.4 scores are directly on par with JB 4.2.2. I believe these Dalvik java type files are no longer supported in the stock 4.4.2 Kitkat OS that everyone is now downloading.

*Kitkat 4.4.2 also has these CPU performance files deleted;

com.sec.android.app.twdvfs.TwDVFSBroadcastReceiver

[4.4] [Mod] Qualcomm Dalvik & Bionic KitKat Optimization... - xda-developers

*What is Dalvik;

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-z-what-dalvik

*What is Bionic;

http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...optimized-kitkat-dalvik-and-bionic-libraries/

Last edited:

cocous

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
How to install this on kitkat without custom recovery?

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D955 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol