Hows the performance on your G Tab 7.0?

psychotron

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I picked up a free AT&T G Pad 7.0 (as I'm sure many of you have on Verizon too) a couple of weeks ago. It performs well enough for what it is, and hey, you can't beat the price. But screen redraws and wake up time do seem a bit slow. Has anyone tweaked theirs to kick up performance a little? If so, what did you do? New ROM? Change something in the Developer Options? Please share your tips and tricks!

psychotron

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
it is just not a fast device.

No, no it's not, which is why I started this thread. Sometimes running a different ROM or launcher can smooth things out a bit on slower devices by getting rid of some of the overhead. Do you have anything helpful to add or did you just come here to tell me something I already knew?

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems snappy enough, at least for me. I haven't done anything yet but I may end up putting Nova Launcher on it.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeKeiser

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Same thing for me. When it wakes up, takes maybe a second or two to get the desktop, but it's not bothering me that much.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the AT&T G Tab 7.0 (due to their offer) for a week. I was really surprised how well it performed given its rather conservative specs.

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Just got 1 today and im happy with the performance up to now. Has any1 connected it to a g3 yet if so dose that work good cause my g3 will be back from repairs this week

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Just got 1 today and im happy with the performance up to now. Has any1 connected it to a g3 yet if so dose that work good cause my g3 will be back from repairs this week

When I had it I had it connected to my Note 4 and it worked well. I can't imagine why it wouldn't connect to a G3 just as well.

from the 3

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I rooted mine and removed as much bloat as I could and it runs great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Can you post a link to how to root it?

P.S. Never mind, i used PurpleDrake Lite toolkit. And d/l SuperSU from the play store and installed it. Now to find some ROMs....

Last edited:

LeKeiser

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I use mine with Netflix, remoting my TV while checking my emails and replying on forums, checking pictures, and it's still quite fast.
Thinking about getting another one actually :)

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I use mine for reading the paper at work. That is about it. But with the Note Edge, and my Dell I have plenty of portability. I take the Dell with me.

proctorc

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Used mine on a roadtrip last weekend. 4 and half hours while using GPS and streaming pandora and still had 40% when I got to my destination. Read a book while laying on the beach!

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Surprisingly this tablet is pretty fast. It'll actually go faster in some spots than my iPad Mini 3. It's also really light and easy to travel around with. The smaller size is very convenient.

Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE

ChimChim

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Running Lollipop 5.0.1 on the 8GB Sprint flavor.
5.0.1 eats up 4GB in "Internal Storage-Misc. files-System Data". According to some forums this is the new normal.
"Internal Storage-Apps", including the bloatware eats up 3.5GB.
Only 700+MB available SO I CAN'T INSTALL educational APPS for the kids. I keep getting low storage errors and failed installs.

Called Sprint for support and it started a 3 hour long endeavor.
  1. Sprint tech one said he has been getting a lot of calls on this and connected me to LG.
  2. LG Rep one said Sprint should swap it out and reconnected me to Sprint.
  3. Sprint tech two said she never heard of the problem and it is LG's problem because it was their patch. Stated I would have to pay $75 (more than I paid for the tablet) to be swapped out. It's only 20 days old!!!!!
  4. Using cell and land line on speaker I conferenced LG support in the conversation with Sprint Tech two.
  5. Sprint tech two maintained that they were not going to do anything for me and that it was LG's problem.
  6. LG Rep 2 conceded and said that I can get a referb. It is ONLY 20 DAYS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!! Referb?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  7. Called Sprint Tele sales (where I bought it) to cancel the contract and pay the damn $200 penalty.
  8. Tele Sales Rep one said to root it and use something called Link2SD.
  9. My wife made the observation that Sprint sales had a more technical solution than Sprint Techs one and two.
  10. After staying up all night to try and find out how to root this dang thing, I am a complete newbie, I found out that it can not be done with Towelroot or Kingoapp. And can not find any instructions on how to root this thing.

As it stands, this thing is completely useless for my needs.

Can anyone give advice on how to root this craplet.:confused:

I strongly suggest not buying this craplet :( unless you are only going to use the preinstalled apps.

Psythik

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
It's a slow piece of **** but I got it as a birthday gift so I can't complain. Out of the box it takes roughly five seconds to respond to just about any input. After replacing the stock launcher with Smart Launcher performance has improved massively but it still wasn't enough, so I rooted it with KingRoot and after uninstalling all the Sprint & LG crapware it's now nearly as responsive as my G Flex which is pretty damn impressive for a budget tablet.

That said, the one thing I can't fix is the limited amount of RAM available. The Geeky Process Stats always report device memory as "Critical" and if I leave an app for more than a couple seconds it'll often reload when I come back to it, losing my spot. I don't get why this still happens because after all my tweaks the App Manager shows over 400MB of RAM free which should be plenty to keep a few apps in memory. If anyone knows of a fix for this I'd appreciate it.

Ian M H

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Surprisingly this tablet is pretty fast. It'll actually go faster in some spots than my iPad Mini 3. It's also really light and easy to travel around with. The smaller size is very convenient.

Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE

Definitely not faster than my iPad mini 3 - takes much longer to load up equivalent games

But it cost about a third of the iPad, so I can live with that