tools
    The download was 684ish mb. Version 5.0.2

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-08-2015 06:29 PM
    Great! Let us know what you think.
    04-09-2015 12:10 AM
    The download was 684ish mb. Version 5.0.2

What provider are you using? I'm on AT&T and have not received the update. I did check but nope.

04-09-2015 09:10 PM
    Today mine too, I'm in Peru looks very nice

Enviado desde mi LG-D855 mediante Tapatalk
    04-09-2015 09:52 PM
    Got Lollipop last night, installed it, and... pretty disappointed
    Takes more memory than Kit Kat, I had to uninstall many apps (Firefox, Opera, the app to read/create documents ...) and transfer others on my SD card, but still, with only the Android Apps and less than a small handfull of others, memory is full
    I didn't test its speed or anything else.
    If I could, I think I would go back to Kit Kat. But then, what's with the app updates?
    1GB for the system is not enough
    04-10-2015 03:38 AM
    Got Lollipop last night, installed it, and... pretty disappointed
    Takes more memory than Kit Kat, I had to uninstall many apps (Firefox, Opera, the app to read/create documents ...) and transfer others on my SD card, but still, with only the Android Apps and less than a small handfull of others, memory is full
    I didn't test its speed or anything else.
    If I could, I think I would go back to Kit Kat. But then, what's with the app updates?
    1GB for the system is not enough
    That happens in all the systems art take more space, it's not a problem of the tablet

04-10-2015 06:58 AM
    That happens in all the systems art take more space, it's not a problem of the tablet

hello,
    Never said it was a problem with the tablet. Or maybe it is actually, since we cannot bypass this update and there is just enough RAM for Lollipop and the google apps... Meaning once updated, try to install anything else and it will fail.
    I think if 1GB RAM is not enough for Lollipop and the apps, then better not offer the update...
    04-10-2015 08:01 AM
    Lollipop can run with no problems with 512mb ram and as far I can understand your problem is because your tablet don't have enough for free space in disk and not ram

B. Diddy likes this.
    04-10-2015 08:18 AM
    Lollipop can run with no problems with 512mb ram and as far I can understand your problem is because your tablet don't have enough for free space in disk and not ram

nope, I have a 64GB SD Card where I put all my media files, and the programs that can run on it.
    The RAM disk on the tablet has the system and the programs. But when you see that FB is over 100MB (if my memory is correct, my tablet is at home), Google Play Service over 40MB, Google Music over 20MB, Google Film over 15MB and so on (meaning the Google Apps that you need if you're on Android...), then the 1GB RAM is getting close to full again. I have moved as many programs that I could on the SD card, but some won't let me.

If you have upgraded to Lollipo, can you tell me how much RAM you have left on your device?
    04-10-2015 08:34 AM
    I think you don't understand, if you move apps to SD card you only get free space in hard disk, in my case it's only 8GB,anyways google don't allow move his apss to SD card so in my case I'm out of space because I have installed bigger games for my son.

If we speak about RAM memory actually the tablet have 466 MB free I'm attaching screenshot it's in Spanish but I think it's easy to understand. It's far enough for run any bigger game or app.

So if you want more memory ram you need to uninstall programs eating it or disable it.

B. Diddy likes this.
    04-10-2015 08:44 AM
    Hello again,
    I'll have to come back to you later tonight when I'm with my tablet.
    I don't have that many apps, and I understand that moving the apps is freeing some space on the 8GB hardisk, but still, those apps, like FB, Google Play Service, ..., take some RAM anyway, eating the 1GB RAM available, along with Lolli...
    04-10-2015 09:08 AM
    Yes but in my case that's not a problem, your device have lags or keep thinking? Mine is very smooth

04-10-2015 09:11 AM
    I've installed Looli last last night, didn't have time to play with it a lot after the whole process. It didn't seem to lag or, at least, it was as fast as before. Couldn't see a change actually, except visual.
    04-10-2015 10:02 AM
    The Android Lollipop update probably only applies to the wifi only LG tablets. Saw a message saying LG was sending the update on April 12. Likely this update does not apply to the LTE versions like the 7" LG tablet AT&T has.
    04-10-2015 12:13 PM
    I'm in Peru and my tablet is Wi-Fi model, so is possible...

04-10-2015 12:14 PM
    The RAM disk on the tablet has the system and the programs. But when you see that FB is over 100MB (if my memory is correct, my tablet is at home), Google Play Service over 40MB, Google Music over 20MB, Google Film over 15MB and so on (meaning the Google Apps that you need if you're on Android...), then the 1GB RAM is getting close to full again. I have moved as many programs that I could on the SD card, but some won't let me.
    I think the misunderstanding here is what RAM is and what Internal Storage is. RAM is where open apps reside while active, and is very dynamic--the system manages this automatically by keeping a certain number of apps open to keep RAM about 60-70% full. This allows for quicker and more efficient switching between apps. If RAM gets too full, the system will automatically close an app (usually one that hasn't been used recently). Your G Pad comes with 1 GB of RAM, which is fairly standard for entry-level devices (most flagship devices have at least 2 GB now). The more RAM there is, the more apps can be held open, and therefore switching between them can be quicker and more fluid. Since the general trend is for apps to use more and more RAM (like Facebook and Chrome), then it becomes more advantageous to have a device with more RAM.

Internal Storage is akin to a computer's hard drive, and is where all of the app's data is stored. Your G Pad comes with 8 GB of Internal Storage, of which 3-4 GB is probably taken up by the OS and various bloatware. This means you have around 4 GB of usable Internal Storage. The microSD card is primarily useful for storing media, as you're already aware.

In the examples you give, it's true that some of those apps use a lot of RAM. But the system is supposed to manage this automatically--it typically will keep RAM around 70% full, and if it's getting too full, will close out one of those apps. This has nothing to do with where the apps are stored (i.e., Internal Storage vs SD card).

Incidentally, if you're using a "RAM booster" app, I would suggest uninstalling it. Apps like that typically work by automatically closing apps out of RAM to give you the illusion that you're doing something to speed things up. But unused RAM is useless RAM (this isn't Windows), so the system will want to fill it up again. If your RAM booster app continues to close apps automatically, then you get into a close-open-close-open cycle that uses battery more quickly.

In addition, I have noticed that RAM booster apps also use a big chunk of RAM themselves, making your RAM situation look worse than it actually is. It might read that RAM is around 90% full, but if you exit out of that app and go to Settings>Apps>Running, it will likely read about 70% full.
    oditius, Jeff H2 and mlacunza like this.
    04-10-2015 10:02 PM
    Well English is not my mother language but your explanation is crystal clear

B. Diddy likes this.
    04-10-2015 10:53 PM
    I'm in the UK with the WiFi version of the gpad 7 and no lollipop as yet

04-11-2015 09:21 PM
    Yep you can put all your apps on your SD cards, but some of the apps will not work fully or not at all. It will tell you when you try to move the app to your external SD card.
    04-13-2015 06:52 AM
    I have the Lg LTE 7 wifi only tab, but it has ability to get a data provider, but still no Lollipop! 2 days and still waiting here in Tx....
    04-13-2015 06:58 AM
    I'm in the UK with the WiFi version of the gpad 7 and no lollipop as yet

Same here in Tx. No Lollipops here!
    04-13-2015 07:23 AM
    Got it and wow 688mb is abit big lol

Attached Thumbnails My g tab 7 just got lollipop!-24575.jpg  
    04-15-2015 04:40 AM
    Hello all,

Sorry it took me a few days to reply, but been busy and all...
    Last night, I launched the App Store application, had a few things to update: FB, Twitter, and a few others... Started fine, and then: no more space available... AGAIN!
    So I went to check the parameters, Storage. Was very surprised to see that 4.9GB were allocated to the System Data... More than half of my 8GB! The rest is application cache, stuffs like that.
    I didn't have time to investigate further, if my memory is correct I have something like 250MB RAM available...
    What apps do I have? Not that many, and really, basic ones... :
    _ FB. This one takes sooooo much memory compared to the others! >200MB
    _ Messenger: can't uninstall this one if you have FB. I mean, it goes with FB, final
    _ Allocine: french movies/theaters app, very useful, can't live without it...
    _ IMDB: can't live without it too
    _ UGC: french theater app, really need it
    _ LaBox: french app to configure/check/much more my Internet box.
    _ Swiftkey: so much better than the stock keyboard. But take a lot of RAM too, >40MB
    _ weather app: I guess everybody has one
    _ 3D Check: but I uninstalled it because of the memory problem
    _ Instagram: what can I say?
    _ forgot Netflix and Chromcast, just to use the infrared with my TV and use Netflix with it
    _ a few apps to check my network, along with a Putty app. Like Wifi Analizer, Speedtest, ...

That's it, basically. No games... I really don't think I've overcharged my tablet with stuffs...
    I've moved all the apps I could to my SD card, like the theaters/movies apps, leaving less than a handful on the gpPad...
    And all my media files are on my SD card.

Now, this memory problem started right after the Lollipop upgrade. Do you think there's something like in the cache somewhere that is taking a lot of space and that the basic apps can't remove? I used CCleaner, but it didn't free enough memory...

I'm thinking about doing a factory reset, wondering if this could solve this problem... But I'm starting to think that Lolli is not made to work on devices with only 1GB RAM. I mean, it does work but doesn't leave enough space to install/use apps...
    If I'm correct, that sucks bears, because even if I roll back to Candy, I won't be able to update the apps anymore

What do you think?
    04-16-2015 03:59 AM
    Well I got tired of that situation, so I restored the pad to the factory design, and got loads of RAM back. I guess something was still there that should have been deleted during the update.
    Time now to reconfigure the device as it was before...
    04-17-2015 07:51 AM
    Good to know you've figured it out. I'm waiting on a Sprint LG GPad and hope is good enough to keep it, if not, I will have to return it and try to get another Samsung Tab.
    My Samsung Tab 3 7 inches with Sprint is very good, but hasn't been updated to 5.0 and it may never will, but has 16GB of memory and 1.5GB of RAM.
    04-26-2015 01:38 PM
26 12