How can I boot from an sd card?

A

AC Question

booting from sd card?

how do you get an lg gpad v700 to boot from the sd card instead of the internal storage? i want to take all folders from the internal storage and move them to my sd card; but my only concern is, when turning on the device it might not be able to boot because it will be looking for all the necessary items it needs to boot, in the internal storage. i know its not a simple thing to do and it will require coding/commands. so if anyone could give me a step by step i would greatly appreciate it. ive got step one down ''enable usb debugging'' lol thanks guys

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: booting from sd card?

how do you get an lg gpad v700 to boot from the sd card instead of the internal storage? i want to take all folders from the internal storage and move them to my sd card; but my only concern is, when turning on the device it might not be able to boot because it will be looking for all the necessary items it needs to boot, in the internal storage. i know its not a simple thing to do and it will require coding/commands. so if anyone could give me a step by step i would greatly appreciate it. ive got step one down ''enable usb debugging'' lol thanks guys

Welcome to Android Central!

Not sure if this is possible, you would need some kind of custom bootloader to be able to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20