Sent GPad 8 back to LG

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I absolutely hate this tablet, which I sent to LG in Texas, and much of it may have to do with 850 megabytes of bloatware in a 1 gig system. After the factory reset, with not one of my programs loaded there was only a 165mb of ram. Once Facebook and a few other apps enter memory I get down to between 39 and 65mb, which precludes even a screen capture and causes constant software crashes, sending me back to the home page. This tablet needs 2gb of ram. I dint know what LG is going to do but they designed a piece of garbage that hardly works with the most popular software apps we all use.

If they send it back and tell me it's fine, I will be very disappointed. I probably should have stuck to Samsung or gone to Apple. Well, let's give LG a chance to make good on this.

dlcpa

Posted via the Android Central App

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
One thing I forgot to mention was that the SD card slot kept reporting that my SD card was available for use which means it was unmounting it and remounting it and that was the second item I put on my very clear list that I sent to LG.

So the imbeciles and LG finished my repair and you've all seen my postings on this tablet including the current one and this is what they did:

Defect:
CDMA/GSM Call Fail/No SignalPayment Type:NOT APPLICABLERepair Results:
RFR/RFT/RF Transceiver/3G(QTR8600)Repair Cost:$ 0.00Warranty Status:
In Warranty

It's hard to believe they can be that stupid and that incompetent and LG after I sent them a huge yellow pad filled with problems and this is what they did. I had no transmission problems at all and no call fail, which is exactly what on a tablet? The woman on the phone in the Philippines at the LG customer service line, after consulting with someone else, told me that the transceiver is on the mother board so they probably fixed the rest too. I told her not to lie to me. I sent in a Note 2 to be fixed by Samsung and they listed everything they changed.

Golfdriver, the storage is 16gb, memory is 1 gb and I had a 64gb class 3 micro SD card that shot out of the tablet when I tried to take it out. I have no idea where it went.

I was actually thinking about getting 2 LG V10s or holding out for the next version but now, no way unless LG makes good in this.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21