Lag when exiting from apps to homescreen

gberneggervt

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
So pretty often when I exit from an app there is about a .5 to 1.0 second delay before I see my homescreen icons. At first all I see is my desktop background. Seems to not be specific to any one app. This was not an issue with the Nexus 7 or other android tablets. Oh, mine is the LG skinned version.

Normal? Any workarounds?

Thanks

George

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So pretty often when I exit from an app there is about a .5 to 1.0 second delay before I see my homescreen icons. At first all I see is my desktop background. Seems to not be specific to any one app. This was not an issue with the Nexus 7 or other android tablets. Oh, mine is the LG skinned version.

Normal? Any workarounds?

Thanks

George
Welcome to the forums! It might be due to the skinned version being a bit more intensive than the non-skinned (Play Version). I would suggest installing another Launcher (Nova Launcher - Google Play Store, Apex Launcher - Google Play Store) and see if that improves you experience. I don't think there is much you can do to prevent the lag with the stock launcher aside from not having many widgets or apps on the desktop/home screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech