LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The 4 at my local best buy are gone and This is only available in 2 stores now as opposed to the 5 i saw on monday. People are buying this tab!

lwood11

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
In my area (Atlanta), it looks like the black models are trickling into some of the stores. They are showing as available in more stores now than there were yesterday. None of the white ones show up as available in local stores yet. Seems like they are off to a slow start.

RAHIEM69D

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My ONLY issue with this tablet is how dark the display is! Try watching a movie like Batman an prepare to have to turn the brightness up above 65%

I can see that they didn't test the brightness on the display properly before releasing, the contrast is set way to high on this thing. Other than that, it's a great tablet!

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you just complaining about the "auto-brightness" or is the gamma screwed up to the point that shadows are crushed?

-Suntan

benbekoster

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I see something strange on the bottom side of the display:
when I set the brightness of display to very low (something between 0% and 20 %) and start an application like Gmail or Chrome, I see 7 small semi-circle traces of light / lamp on the bottom of the screen (where soft buttons: back, home and menu are placed). Do you see the same? Strange!
When I set the brightness of display to high level (more than 50 %) then I do not see these traces any more. Do you have the same?

RAHIEM69D

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you just complaining about the "auto-brightness" or is the gamma screwed up to the point that shadows are crushed?

The contrast levels are really, really dark. The display itself is beautiful, but it could use some brightness to the screen. Anything lower than 50% brightness is definitely not recommended.

Btw, I never use auto brightness, I prefer to set my own levels. There was a review done of the LG G pad where the reviewer also mentioned that the G pad has the darkest display from the current selection of tablets.

-Suntan

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing b4 the holiday season. It was leaked this weekend. Google (verb) Nexus 8. I'm hoping for a G Pad with a snapdragon 800 and 3 gigs of ram.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing b4 the holiday season. It was leaked this weekend. Google (verb) Nexus 8. I'm hoping for a G Pad with a snapdragon 800 and 3 gigs of ram.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

How was it leaked? Are you talking about that photo that looks like a bad Photoshop? Because that's far from a "leak". The dimensions are all wrong too as holding the G Pad in one hand like she is with my giant man hands is difficult. It's a bad N7 Photoshop.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a promising Tablet. Wish the pairing would share data without a share plan. Loving my G2 so it makes this a really tempting tablet. I wish Adonit or Wacom would get their pressure sensitive bluetooth styli to work with Android and it would be a no brainer. I really want a tablet I can sketch and do some artwork on on the go. I know the Galaxy Note series will work and all the third party styli work with iPads but I'd like to have more options. Maybe they'll get around to it some day.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a 64 GB sdxc card for gaming and videos. Works without a hiccup.

Please provide info on rooting.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well my blue line down the right side issue seems to have gone away I used my tablet extensively last night and could not duplicate the issue so for now I am keeping the one I have I am thinking this may be more of an app issue then a hardware issue I still have 12 days left to return it for a replacement if needed.

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I read another article that points out the type of bluetooth getting certified for the V510 is only supported on Android 4.4 and since an LTE G Pad is highly unlikely to come with a 4.4 build, you could interpret this detail as evidence that the V510 is a Nexus device.

Anyway, I noticed the blue line on the right side of my screen again last night. It only appeared after I'd been using it for a couple hours and played a couple games. i then put it down for a couple hours and when I came back the line was gone. I still have a week or so to return mine so I'm considering my options. If this is a problem with all units, then swapping for a new one won't help so I might go the N7 route and save 80 bucks or just wait for more concrete N8 evidence.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia