LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Good points all. I too was a little confused by the price negativity. Albeit, it would have been nice if LG made it 32 GB standard instead of 16 GB at that price point. For an extra $50 - $60 you can then slap a 64 GB micro sd card in it and store a ton of apps, movies and music. In spite of LG's skin it appears they are at least keeping some of the major features of Android unlike Samsung which is a little too heavy handed in Touchwiz.

I can also confirm that the G Pad appears to support slimport based on these two sites:

Slimportconnect.com
SlimPort

and GSM Arena:
LG G Pad 8.3 - Full phone specifications

P.S.
Just thought of one more question. In your manage app settings do you have the option to move apps to the external (sd) card?

Not that I can see. I actually don't have a Micro SD card that I can test it with, so if you stick one in they might give you the option.

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The only case i can find is $30 on ebay. How are you protecting it now?

No case. The screen protector it came with is actually nice so I'm leaving that on. My wife likes to sew so she's going to make me a sleeve. This tablet looks and feels too nice to stick in a bulky case, so I'll see how the sleeve goes and probably by that time there will be more case options.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No case. The screen protector it came with is actually nice so I'm leaving that on. My wife likes to sew so she's going to make me a sleeve. This tablet looks and feels too nice to stick in a bulky case, so I'll see how the sleeve goes and probably by that time there will be more case options.

I admire your courage. I, sadly, am so much of a dork that I won't even buy a phone or a tablet without getting a case either before or at the same time.

'13 NeXus 7

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got my tablet. Ordered the case last week. Should be here in a few days. I'm too paranoid not to have one on.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I admire your courage. I, sadly, am so much of a dork that I won't even buy a phone or a tablet without getting a case either before or at the same time.

'13 NeXus 7

I'm actually the same way. I just barely stopped using a case on my phone. I'm super careful but I also know I'm playing with fire.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
For anyone considering one of these, it just like the G2, but larger. Even the knock-knock. I love it!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
For anyone considering one of these, it just like the G2, but larger. Even the knock-knock. I love it!

Have you noticed a blue hue on the right side of the screen on dark backgrounds? It's a line that goes straight up the right side that is blueish. It's hard to spot unless you're looking for it.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Not at all. I have a carbon fiber wallpaper and the screen looks perfect.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
This tablet sure is one of two I am considering, along with the Ipad Mini 2. I looked at the Nexus 7 the other day and I realize I really want an 8" tablet. Any sluggishness or lag with this tablet in general? How is internet browsing on it as far as speed and smoothness?

I appreciate the pics someone posted comparing it next to the Note 8.0. The one thing I didn't like about the Note 8 when holding it is the extra width and the LG looks like it will be much more comfortable to hold, as well as thinner than the Ipad mini 2.

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
And now it's gone.. Weird. Maybe it's heat related? I've been using it for the past hour and there was the faint blue line on the right side of the screen.

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
This tablet sure is one of two I am considering, along with the Ipad Mini 2. I looked at the Nexus 7 the other day and I realize I really want an 8" tablet. Any sluggishness or lag with this tablet in general? How is internet browsing on it as far as speed and smoothness?

I appreciate the pics someone posted comparing it next to the Note 8.0. The one thing I didn't like about the Note 8 when holding it is the extra width and the LG looks like it will be much more comfortable to hold, as well as thinner than the Ipad mini 2.

This thing is really nice to hold. I don't notice any lag that isn't unusual. There's always a hint of it around. I was also sightly considering the new iPad Mini, but I really can't stand iOS. Browsing is nice a smooth in Chrome.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I had a Note 8 and a N7-2013at the same time. This tablet is.much clearer than the Note 8 and just as fast as my N7. I wish I could move apps to the sd card, but hopefully that will happen soon. Otherwise, it's exactly what have been looking for...more real estate and snappy performance.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Something tells me this is the only thread that will open up about this tablet lol. I don't care though!