LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I read on-line that it is GG, but there is nothing in the box indicating that this is true.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

mrstarzan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
For anyone considering one of these, it just like the G2, but larger. Even the knock-knock. I love it!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

What else is like the G2? I know QRemote and SlideAside but how about customizing the bottom buttons?

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

mrstarzan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
QRemote is extremely limited. Only a handful of TV brands. Samsung's has much more TV support.

That may be true however on the G2 you can create your own remote and train it as long as you have the original remote available. I had to do that and it works well.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had to make a choice between the G Pad and the Note 8.0 for work. I got the Note 8 because of the S-Pen. I'll be selling my Nexus 7.

Note 8.0

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I had to make a choice between the G Pad and the Note 8.0 for work. I got the Note 8 because of the S-Pen. I'll be selling my Nexus 7.

Note 8.0

That's funny. I sold my Note 8 for the G Pad.

I had no substantial uses for the S-Pen personally. I tried to take handwritten notes with it at meetings but my handwriting is so poor is was pretty illegible. Typing for me is a lot easier on these smaller tablets (in portrait) as I have large hands.

Note 8 has some cool features. Hope you like it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That's funny. I sold my Note 8 for the G Pad.

I had no substantial uses for the S-Pen personally. I tried to take handwritten notes with it at meetings but my handwriting is so poor is was pretty illegible. Typing for me is a lot easier on these smaller tablets (in portrait) as I have large hands.

Note 8 has some cool features. Hope you like it.

Thanks, this one's primarily for work. I have a Note 10.1 I use for home. I'm able to share the Notes from the Note 8 with my Npte 3 and Note 10.1, which was a contributing factor too.

Note 8.0

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Never used the first generation Nexus. Have the second one though. This screen is on the same level as the second generation..bright! I keep it at 90% and at night it can light up my bedroom.

Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Never used the first generation Nexus. Have the second one though. This screen is on the same level as the second generation..bright! I keep it at 90% and at night it can light up my bedroom.

Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app

How is the brightness compared to the G2? I got the G2 on release day and love it so thinking of getting the G Pad, everybody but me in my family has a tablet.