G pad battery life not great.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It's too bad some folks take the one experience and generalize all the models the same without a 2nd chance.

No mass produced electronics device goes without a bad apple or ten.

Good luck either way.!

L1VESTRONG

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
In my case battery life is not that great as well. When i full charge the tablet, i see that after 2 hours without using the tablet, battery life drops around 13-15%. It seems that when battery percentage goes to 80% and under then it doesnt drain that fast. Overall i have 5-6 soc with brightness level at 35%. Maybe some batteries are defective i think.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
sorry to hear. that's really bad

Just watched a 2hr 10min movie and played Dead Trigger for an hour after with screen at 50%, then browsed the net for an hour. had 44% left.
Battery Use in settings shows

Screenshot_2013-11-12-15-47-16.png

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
In my case battery life is not that great as well. When i full charge the tablet, i see that after 2 hours without using the tablet, battery life drops around 13-15%. It seems that when battery percentage goes to 80% and under then it doesnt drain that fast. Overall i have 5-6 soc with brightness level at 35%. Maybe some batteries are defective i think.

That is not normal you need to see if you have an app running or preventing the tablet from really sleeping. My tablet when charged to 100% I put it to sleep and went to bed when I checked 7 hours later I was at 98% I find this about normal for all my Android tablets I would loose about 3% overnight. If it is not an app I would exchange it if you still can,

L1VESTRONG

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
How much time does it take for a full charge? My tablet needs around 3.20 minutes. But i read on the net that this tablet needs 4.30 hours for a full charge. I wonder what is wrong with mine. I checked with wakelock detector, nothing runs in the backround, it sleeps like a baby.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
How much time does it take for a full charge? My tablet needs around 3.20 minutes. But i read on the net that this tablet needs 4.30 hours for a full charge. I wonder what is wrong with mine. I checked with wakelock detector, nothing runs in the backround, it sleeps like a baby.

About 2 hours from 10% to 100. I'll try again for an exact time

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Same for me I was at 96% when I went to work when I came home and checked my battery was at 94% after 8 hours. Battery life is not a problem for me.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got back from a business trip that involved 8 hours riding in a car. I loaded the SD card up with "Vikings Season 1" and watched all 7 hours with the screen on 100% brightness. I still had 25% battery life left when we got there.

The battery life of my 8.3 suits my needs.

-Suntan

AmicusBrief

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
you're the one that kept stating how many minutes you were getting per each percentage of battery life, so why wouldn't I assume that you calculated the time remaining? And if you were using battery at a certain observable rate then why do you care what the OS is saying when you are observing a totally different rate of discharge? You stated your own calculated rate of battery usage, but then also quoted the OS's estimate...sounds to me like you need to make up your mind which one you want to believe since they are obviously different.

Furthermore, the device can't accurately calculate the remaining battery life. Obviously, losing 1% every 3 minutes is also unacceptable.

Here's a puzzle for you Einstein, what's the first letter of the two preceding sentences tell you about your opinion?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Furthermore, the device can't accurately calculate the remaining battery life. Obviously, losing 1% every 3 minutes is also unacceptable.

Here's a puzzle for you Einstein, what's the first letter of the two preceding sentences tell you about your opinion?

Seriously guys, it's just a consumer electronics device. If you're not happy with it return or give it to someone else. No need to be childish and rude on the site.

-Suntan

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Charging Time line while sitting on my desk

9am - 5% start

9:30 - 20%

10am - 44%

11am - 75%

Looks like a full charge by 11:30am. So from 5-100% in 2.5 hours.

Man i'm bored lol. And i didn't even touch the thing this whole time, been killing me!!!

RAHIEM69D

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of which, someone at my local gamestop told me that the white LG G pad has a slightly better brightness display then the black one. I'm not sure how true this is, but I did hear the same thing about the Galaxy note 8 tablets. The funny thing is, I had the dark brown Note 8, and sold it for the LG G Pad. Now, my wife has the white Note 8, and I swear, her screen does seem much brighter than the Note that I had. Anyone else notice or heard anything about this?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of which, someone at my local gamestop told me that the white LG G pad has a slightly better brightness display then the black one. I'm not sure how true this is, but I did hear the same thing about the Galaxy note 8 tablets. The funny thing is, I had the dark brown Note 8, and sold it for the LG G Pad. Now, my wife has the white Note 8, and I swear, her screen does seem much brighter than the Note that I had. Anyone else notice or heard anything about this?

I can't say for certain, but given that the components minus the housing should be identical, I'm guessing it's your brain just seeing it that way because of the white. The brain is a strange thing in the fact that even minute differences can make it process things differently.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't say for certain, but given that the components minus the housing should be identical, I'm guessing it's your brain just seeing it that way because of the white. The brain is a strange thing in the fact that even minute differences can make it process things differently.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

Awesome answer. Confirms black is better.

Haha jk jk :)

cw0974

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I've also heard of this, I haven't seen it myself. But my friends told me that it does make a difference for some reason. It's weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze