G pad battery life not great.

Hoegie

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Since two days I have the lg g pad and I can confirm the terrible battery life. I have recharged for the third time and still have terrible batterylife...
I have frozen many lg apps running in the background with titanium backup, I use setcpu at 1350mhz, I only have wifi, and brightness at 40%... the result: 1% batteryloss every two minutes
The tablet itself has sometimes little "freezes" for about 1 of 0,5 seconds (as reported in various reviews)
I think there are different versions of the g pad around.
I am wondering what makes gives some devices better batterystamina than others? Is it the battery itself or is it the processor not using all it? s cores? The people with the "good battery": do you have the little hickups as described above?
My serial number is: 310copy0073080 (made in China)
Here is a review in which they ?ve found a problem with the chip not using it? s 4 cores: LG G Pad 8.3: net niet uit de verf - Hardware en prestaties: kan beter - Review - Reviews - Tweakers (you can read it using google translate)

canadoc

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
It can happen to any device. The first day i complained that my battery drained over night. Now i dont see that happening. Ended at 39% and woke up to 39%.

Battery mileage may vary lol. Like another stated, factory reset OR exchange it. Dont keep a faulty unit.

Are you in airplane mode when you put it down for the night?
Do you have wifi on or off?
Is sync enabled?

Mine drops at least 1%/hr while sleeping and like others, about 12%/hour during use

stujoe

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my case battery life is not that great as well. When i full charge the tablet, i see that after 2 hours without using the tablet, battery life drops around 13-15%. It seems that when battery percentage goes to 80% and under then it doesnt drain that fast. Overall i have 5-6 soc with brightness level at 35%. Maybe some batteries are defective i think.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Do you have a lot of apps installed? I charge mine overnight and unplug it in the morning. Twelve hours later when I get home from work it has only lost two or three percent. I don't turn off or anything. Just in its normal sleep mode. I have about one fifty to two hundred apps installed but I also have Green Power installed.

During use I get decent battery life although I have not timed it. I would probably get better if I had less apps or managed them more ad far as notifications, syncing, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

stujoe

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
During use I get decent battery life although I have not timed it.

I just spent one solid hour of my normal use on the g pad....using about a dozen different apps - news, weather, a lot of sports, email, some web with a couple of short 2 minute video interviews. Screen brightness at my normal 45%...Mine dropped 14% of its charge (from 79 to 65). That would equate to about 7 hours of my typical use from full charge to completely dead....more screen on time than I would use in a day.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you in airplane mode when you put it down for the night?
Do you have wifi on or off?
Is sync enabled?

Mine drops at least 1%/hr while sleeping and like others, about 12%/hour during use

not in airplane mode
wifi on always
sync enabled

stevenkisor1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
USB cable affects charge rate...

Yep, unless I saw it for myself, I would would never have believed it. When I got my G-Pad, I used the supplied charger, but used the cable from my Note II instead, because it's much longer. I was somewhat disappointed with the charge rate; it took longer than I would have thought, but accepted it.
The other day I finally switched to the supplied LG USB cable while it was in mid - charge cycle. The battery graph changed dramatically. (No, sorry, I didn't take a screen snapshot). The battery graph went from approx 30% graph angle to approx 45-60%. Big difference. I could only guess that the difference could be the guage of wire. The cable feels more heavy duty.
So if you're not using the G-Pad's supplied USB cable, do it.

Posted via Android Central App

Victoria7500

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I can second Steven's comments on the cable making a big difference. All my spare chargers were only about 0.8a, so to save taking the G Pad one to my Mum's every time I stay for a couple of days, I bought a Kindle Powerfast one from Amazon, 1.8a (supplied without cable). The tablet was still taking twice as long as usual to charge when connected using a cable supplied with a phone charger. Using the thicker cable that came with the G Pad, connected to the Amazon charger, times returned to normal. Looks like I'll be buying the Powerfast USB cable to go with the charger!

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that if i seldom charge my battery to over 60% and only charge it when it's about to die, the the next time that it dies and turns off requires the most time to charge.

e-gadget-guy

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I was having an issue with the battery draining completely while asleep. I didn't seem to take more than a couple hours, but it would be dead every time I went to use it after having 50-80 % battery. it seems to have stopped. maybe it was golocker which I removed, or some other thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles