G pad battery life not great.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I thought I'd start a thread just on battery life to see how other users are doing. Mine is terrible. I get maybe 5 or 6 hours tops before its down to 20% or less and needs refueling. Its like a hummer, lol. After a week battery life is my only issue. Otherwise its a great tab. Either some of these units have bad batteries or those claiming great battery life are exagerating. If the former, lg has to step up. Thoughts?

mrstarzan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by 5-6 hours? What is your screen on time? What brightness level?

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
At 80% brightness, I just played dead trigger 2 for 2 hours straight and I'm at 75% battery. That's as good as my I pad 3.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
That's what i mean. You get long !life, I get little. I can drop 10 or 15 percent in an hour just surfing, reading articles, email with screen at 50-60 percent, WiFi on. Nothing else of consequence turned on like blue tooth etc. Its frustrating.

At 80% brightness, I just played dead trigger 2 for 2 hours straight and I'm at 75% battery. That's as good as my I pad 3.

AmicusBrief

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
That's what i mean. You get long !life, I get little. I can drop 10 or 15 percent in an hour just surfing, reading articles, email with screen at 50-60 percent, WiFi on. Nothing else of consequence turned on like blue tooth etc. Its frustrating.

Mine's doing the same thing. With wifi on, web browsing, 50% brightness, I'm getting 4 minutes per 1% battery life. Seems kinda poor to me.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

It can happen to any device. The first day i complained that my battery drained over night. Now i dont see that happening. Ended at 39% and woke up to 39%.

Battery mileage may vary lol. Like another stated, factory reset OR exchange it. Dont keep a faulty unit.

AmicusBrief

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Just did a full factory reset. Didn't install any apps, changed brightness to 50%, auto off. Now I've dropped to 3 minutes for every 1% of battery. 45% battery indicates I have 1 hour 32 minutes of use left.

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Just did a full factory reset. Didn't install any apps, changed brightness to 50%, auto off. Now I've dropped to 3 minutes for every 1% of battery. 45% battery indicates I have 1 hour 32 minutes of use left.
might want to check your math. 3 minutes per 1% means that at 45% charge remaining you'd have 135 minutes remaining or 2.25 hours. Still not great, but it's more accurate than your calculation.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow! That is horrific. Factory reset is what tech support people tell you to do when they dont know the solution and want to get you off the line.

AmicusBrief

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
might want to check your math. 3 minutes per 1% means that at 45% charge remaining you'd have 135 minutes remaining or 2.25 hours. Still not great, but it's more accurate than your calculation.

First off, I used a stop watch to time a decrease in battery power by 1%. The 1 hour 32 minutes remaining was displayed under battery usage in the settings menu. I didn't calculate ****. If the math is F'd up its in the device.

RAHIEM69D

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

That's actually pretty good battery life at 80%. I can easily get through a day of gaming, surfing etc at 57% brightness. I'll try my brightness at 80% and report back.

RAHIEM69D

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
First off, I used a stop watch to time a decrease in battery power by 1%. The 1 hour 32 minutes remaining was displayed under battery usage in the settings menu. I didn't calculate ****. If the math is F'd up its in the device.

Wow, calm down man, I don't think that he was trying to insult you. Anyway, varying battery life is like that with all tablets/phones. My Ipad 3 had TERRIBLE battery life, yet my friends would last all day. My LG g pads battery life seems to have gotten much better with constant usage. Also, certain apps can kill your battery. Download an app called Wakelock Detector to see what's killing your battery life.

AmicusBrief

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow, calm down man, I don't think that he was trying to insult you. Anyway, varying battery life is like that with all tablets/phones. My Ipad 3 had TERRIBLE battery life, yet my friends would last all day. My LG g pads battery life seems to have gotten much better with constant usage. Also, certain apps can kill your battery. Download an app called Wakelock Detector to see what's killing your battery life.

I'm calm, and I'm also not so stupid I can't do simple math. Nor, do I need some hack telling me of "their" assumed error.

On a better note, I came up with a quick fix for the battery issue....I took the tablet back to Best Buy for a refund. Problem solved.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll bet a ton will be returned for the battery issue if its widespread. I'm hanging in with mine. I really like it and maybe the battery issue will improve.

I'm calm, and I'm also not so stupid I can't do simple math. Nor, do I need some hack telling me of "their" assumed error.

On a better note, I came up with a quick fix for the battery issue....I took the tablet back to Best Buy for a refund. Problem solved.

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

you're the one that kept stating how many minutes you were getting per each percentage of battery life, so why wouldn't I assume that you calculated the time remaining? And if you were using battery at a certain observable rate then why do you care what the OS is saying when you are observing a totally different rate of discharge? You stated your own calculated rate of battery usage, but then also quoted the OS's estimate...sounds to me like you need to make up your mind which one you want to believe since they are obviously different.

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have not done any actual times but my battery life seems decent definitely better then my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 which my wife now uses. I will do some actual times this week and report back. If your tablet has a problem you should exchange it for another one. I brought my first G Pad back for the blue line issue and light bleed I am glad I did my 2nd one is perfect. Am I happy I had to take my first one back? No, but I would not let one bad device discourage me from trying again with this tablet.