Who is returning gpad and why???

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
While this fantastic tab has only just about come out of the gate, some already are expressing problems and issues. Weak backlighting and weak battery life are among the complaints. So are you heading back to BB to return fot refund or exchange for another try? What would you get instead?

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I already returned mine after a week. I liked a lot about it, but wasn't totally in love with it because of the dark screen and average battery life. I also had the blue line issue, so best case was that I had to swap it for a new one. I got a refund instead b/c I figure I'll wait to see if there are any Black Friday deals on tablets and see if the Nexus 8 is for real (or at least find out what the LG V510 really is). In a couple months if there's nothing better on the horizon then I'll think about going back to the G Pad.

roustabout

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
At this point, I'm interested to see what the HP 8 inch Tegra device costs and looks like. Supposedly it'll be available this month. I actually prefer the 4:3 aspect ratio - I do more reading than watching movies.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You're not getting my black G Pad from me. No way. You'll pull it from my...cold...dead....fingers.

G Pad 8.3

Same here. I've not had any battery life issues and it's so much faster than the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity. I just sold my Infinity on eBay last night. The only downside right now is the lack of cases

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Returned mine today, tinny speakers, not a very bright screen and reboot issues sadly :( ended up buying an iPad mini with 'retina' display as I've had no end of issues with android tablets and there's so few tablet apps :( still keeping my nexus 5 mind you...not a fan of iOS on phones.

Posted via Android Central App

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Returned mine today, tinny speakers, not a very bright screen and reboot issues sadly :( ended up buying an iPad mini with 'retina' display as I've had no end of issues with android tablets and there's so few tablet apps :( still keeping my nexus 5 mind you...not a fan of iOS on phones.

I agree the sound is a little muted without headphones, not sure about tinny, but like it wants to put out sound, but the speakers just aren't big enough. I don't necessarily use my tablet for sound anyway and if I would use it while traveling I would use headphones. So I have no issue with the sound. With the reboot issues, it sounds as if it was defective. I know getting a defective item is frustrating and it makes you just want to try something else, but there are defective items in all product lines, it doesn't matter if it's a Chinese tablet or an Apple product. Just be thankful that you didn't get a defective iPad Mini.

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I agree with the muted sound, its like... it's only putting out 70% of the 'sound' and the rest can't escape

I had 2 LG G2's with the exact same issue, owned a nexus 4 and nexus 5 both made by LG which have been fine... but they haven't done the software side of it.

My first experience of 'Pure LG Devices' and they've all had issues so..... Jumped ship!

slowdyve

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
No. I won't return because I have no problems and I have no idea what the hell is BB. Every phone or tablet i was interested, cheap or expensive, had some issue and the top issue was battery life... I returned my nexus 2013 because didn't like it, but I didn't make a drama about it 😉

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My first one went back for the blue line and light bleed issues. My 2nd one is perfect I love everything about this tablet. The sound to me seems on par with my other tablets, I will admit the screen is dimmer then other tablets but not to the point it is not usable.

h3ndr1x

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I took it back after 1 week I got the blue line, was going to get another but didnt I opted for the note 8. So far I have to say, I am pretty happy, I acctually like the larger bezels, didnt think I would but I feel like its easier to hold without blocking the screen, the g pad is impressive, and I did enjoy the tab, but with so many blue line issues reported, I didnt want to wait for 4 months and it pop up again. Mine didnt show the line out of the box, infact it took almost a full week before it started, and im not opting for BB warranty bs for something that should work in the first place. Just didnt want to be bothered.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the blue-line issue and I hope I don't get it. Keeping my fingers crossed. I also noticed how good the speakers sound to me. The sound is good and spacious, so much so the that the "Life is good." notification has actually freaked me out several.times because it's so clear.

G Pro

h3ndr1x

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the blue-line issue and I hope I don't get it. Keeping my fingers crossed. I also noticed how good the speakers sound to me. The sound is good and spacious, so much so the that the "Life is good." notification has actually freaked me out several.times because it's so clear.

G Pro

Fo sho the gpad is almost perfect kn everyway, I would have kept mine if not for the "blue line of death" lol. Just dont want to gamble 350.00 to see if it comes back

davcole

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
While the speaker placement is kinda dumb, for my purposes it works.

Light bleed not my concern. I don't have any problems with brightness.

It's been very snappy. Lot snappier than my Galaxy S4.

Battery life works fine for me.

Not a single reboot or app compatibility issue. The only knock I have is "knock on" not totally consistent, otherwise I'm very pleased!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk