Should I wait for a price drop ?

synchronous

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I own a first generation nexus 7 and have been trying to find a replacement. This tablet has excellent specs plus micro SD which is perfect. I just think that $350 is too steep of a price. Do you think the price will drop before the holiday ? Will it ever be available on amazon ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It might drop. Don't know though. We're only two weeks from Black Friday as it is. I would think any price drops that were going to occur are already being broadcast so people can "plan" for it in their upcoming shopping.

The fact that it was not on Best Buy's list of BF deals is telling in my book.

As for replacing the 2012 N7. I too replaced a 2012 N7 and all I can say is that this thing is even more of an upgrade than I thought it would be.

-Suntan

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I own a first generation nexus 7 and have been trying to find a replacement. This tablet has excellent specs plus micro SD which is perfect. I just think that $350 is too steep of a price. Do you think the price will drop before the holiday ? Will it ever be available on amazon ?

I don't know... at first I thought the price was a little steep, but after having it for a week now, I wish I would have gotten it sooner. I almost thought the Infinity Pad that I had was a waste of money because I barely used it because of the horrible lag, but I use my G Pad every single day. I think value is relative, if you make use of it everyday, I think this tablet is well worth the $350. It would have been nice for it to be more in the range of the Tab 3 8.0, but the specs on the G Pad are better. I'm starting to think that in the U.S. at least, Best Buy may have some sort of exclusivity period because they are the only store that has it.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Newegg is offering 10% off on ALL tablets through Sunday. BB will match. I bought mine 10 days ago and my store said they will reimburse me the same $35 plus tax. And newegg is free ship and no tax.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Newegg is offering 10% off on ALL tablets through Sunday. BB will match. I bought mine 10 days ago and my store said they will reimburse me the same $35 plus tax. And newegg is free ship and no tax.

How many days to price match? mine was bought 11/1

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

10% OFF and no rtax is awesome! take that or wait til a price drop. I couldnt wait. but then again i didnt pay for it lol

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, I can assure you it's a great tablet. Its performance is just stellar and blows away the competition while its so thin and light you'll feel as if you're just holding a screen. Very nice indeed.

G Pad 8.3

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wait for a price drop, it really isn't any better than the Nexus 7, I had one the day the store carried them and returned it the next day , now the Nexus 7 has 4.4 its a no brainer, don't get me wrong the build quality is great and the screen size is perfect, but its not worth the extra money over the 32gb N7

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Wait for a price drop, it really isn't any better than the Nexus 7, I had one the day the store carried them and returned it the next day , now the Nexus 7 has 4.4 its a no brainer, don't get me wrong the build quality is great and the screen size is perfect, but its not worth the extra money over the 32gb N7

Posted via Android Central App

Are the Nexus 7 touchscreen performance issues resolved with 4.4? That is what really soiled the deal for me...and I tried a total of 5 devices, all with the same touchscreen non-responsiveness.

G2

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
To some. 4.4 is not a big deal at all. I'd be fine with 4.0

If LG would have produced the same product and the same experience with something lower than 4.2.2, I don't think I would have cared either. I think LG has taken full advantage of their Nexus experiences though. Between my G2 and G Pad, this is the best technology experience that I've ever had and I'm a techie software engineer.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If LG would have produced the same product and the same experience with something lower than 4.2.2, I don't think I would have cared either. I think LG has taken full advantage of their Nexus experiences though. Between my G2 and G Pad, this is the best technology experience that I've ever had and I'm a techie software engineer.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

Amen to that. LG is doing a great job these days.

G2

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Staples is offering $50 off samsung tab 3 8.0 and notes and other tabs and bb willmatch, bb also will match the newegg 10 percent. Bb matches ANY low price.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have 4.4 on my 2012 N7, I much prefer the 8" screen over the newer rev.

But then, I've never gotten a stiffy over having the most current rev of software.

-Suntan