Evecase Slimbook

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Evecase SlimBook Leather Folio Stand Case Cover for LG G Pad 8.3 - 8.3 inch Android Tablet ( Black):Amazon:Computers & Accessories

Finally got it. Fits great and cut outs for ports, cameras, speakers and buttons align. Front and backing is sturdy, will take a fall if dropped. Stand works fine and the cover has wake lock feature. Fake leather isn't bad, smells good and does not mess with my illumishield screen protector.

I give it 5 stars for what it is. I'd still rather have a TPU back case like my iPad has. Well, my wife's iPad now lol. But this'll do, Donkey!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Bad pics lol

Attachments

• CAM02862.jpg
    CAM02862.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 53
  • CAM02865.jpg
    CAM02865.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 50
  • CAM02867.jpg
    CAM02867.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 52
  • CAM02864.jpg
    CAM02864.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 51
  • CAM02863.jpg
    CAM02863.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
At least it looks like it fits well. I think mine is coming tomorrow. I actually can't wait now. I'll try to post some pictures here also. I know they'll probably look the same, but I'll also post the handled sleeve that came with the one I bought.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

MightyT

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, just got my Evecase from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GFE2C1U...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3256477

Very nice case. Don't know what the reviewer is complaining about on Amazon. Mine fits great, easy access to buttons and ports and does not obstruct the screen. Magnets hold cover closed and puts tablet to sleep. Feels very premium. Very good case so far, especially for the price.

Sent from my rooted Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Got mine and having experience with many cases for a number of different make tablets i give this one 3 out of 5. The faux leather is the cheapest grade even for made in china, its not perfectly cut exposing plastic along the long bezels, and the tab's corners are unprotected. The best i can say is its temporary protection. Btw, the best case ive seen in a long time is the khomo case sold for the sammy tab 3 8.0. I hope they make one for the gpad.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This things does its job, covers the tablet and although no corner covers, the front and back are hard enough to take the fall if it dropped.

Also, doesn't cover the screen whatsoever when opened. It does have some play though. I mean, it's a $10 case for goodness sake.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting this... VSTN?LG G Pad 8.3 Ultra-Thin Multi-angle Stand Slim Smart Cover Case(For LG G Pad 8.3, Black):Amazon:Computers & Accessories For some reason it doesn't show the right pictures when you look on the non-mobile page, but it essentially looks like the same case that they make for the Galaxy Tab line.

Someone posted pics of that on XDA. Looks the same as the eve case but the material might be different. It does not cover the corners. I got the eve case based on it being a US seller lol

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Someone posted pics of that on XDA. Looks the same as the eve case but the material might be different. It does not cover the corners. I got the eve case based on it being a US seller lol

No this looks different in the fact that to me it looks like a hard shell with the cover, almost like the smart case. I got my Evecase with the neoprene carrier today in the mail. It's not bad. I do like the carrier as it's much smaller than the one I had for my Infinity.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

cbb77

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
No this looks different in the fact that to me it looks like a hard shell with the cover, almost like the smart case. I got my Evecase with the neoprene carrier today in the mail. It's not bad. I do like the carrier as it's much smaller than the one I had for my Infinity.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

Yeah I think this one may be coming but not actually out yet. Here is the link to some pictures of ones for the Galaxy Note. This would be what I would want for the G Pad as well. Hopefully this become available in next few weeks.

Amazon.com: VSTN? Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110/N5113 Ultra-Thin Multi-angle Stand Slim Smart Cover Case with Wake Up Sleep(For Samsung Note 8.0, Black): Electronics

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I see those pics but the actual product looks like it is Not hard shell.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Anybody found a good case?

No it's different. On the Amazon mobile app it's described as Black II not just Black and it doesn't mention a hand strap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EV...g=UUacUvbUpU3258751#wow-twister?1385003006882

In fact it looks exactly like the one someone posted about being on Amazon.UK but just a different company it even says Black II also.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3258751

Last edited:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
No it's different. On the Amazon mobile app it's described as Black II not just Black and it doesn't mention a hand strap.

VSTN LG G Pad 8.3 Multi-Stand PU Leather Cover Case with Hand Strap&Card Holder (For LG G Pad 8.3, Green):Amazon:Computers & Accessories

In fact it looks exactly like the one someone posted about being on Amazon.UK but just a different company it even says Black II also.

IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet (For LG G Pad 8.3, Black II): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

found it but it does NOT have closed corners. It's the same as the others

Amazon.com: VSTN LG G Pad 8.3 Multi-Stand PU Leather Cover Case with Hand Strap&Card Holder (For LG G Pad 8.3, Green): Computers & Accessories

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The one on the mobile site is definitely different. It looks like their hard shelled one that they make for the Galaxy Tab line like another poster said further up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair