My $259 LG G Pad running 4.4.2 Kitkat, no reason to buy the GPe if you already have one

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have zero tolerance for things that don't work exceedingly well. Especially, when there are good alternatives. If CM didn't work perfectly it wouldn't be allowed on any device I use. ...and its on not one but two of my phones. Trust me, CM 10.2 works EXACTLY as prescribed. At least for me anyways.

CM on OgPro

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
You've had it for 3 weeks, whereas CellGuy has used it for 2 years. I've also used CM and numerous other ROM's for years and decided to stop using them simply because official firmware is simply better, is backed up by far larger teams of professional engineers, but most importantly the evolution of Android OS has surpassed ROMs which were more of a necessity of sorts back in the versions prior to ICS but are now more of a tinkering/hobby niche. Although I'm not debating that from your 3 weeks experience and high standards you haven't experienced any problems but CellGuy was pretty accurate. CM (and other ROM's) do indeed have issues of their own and always have. CM's own official buglist is substantial enough to make that pretty clear. I'm not saying they're terrible or unusable. And some devices will have less problems on a particular ROM than others, YMMV as far as that's concerned.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I guess CM has just matured to a state where its good enough for me. Lighter than most OEM ROMs but more feature-packed than stock Android. As long as it continues to be flawless on my devices I'm satisfied. If it ever lets me down it'll be gone quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Why in the wide world of sports would you want ti make an already excellent gpad with great extras into a somewhat bigger n7? Plus theres nothing great about kikat. I have it on my 2013 n7 and my reaction? Meh!

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Why in the wide world of sports would you want ti make an already excellent gpad with great extras into a somewhat bigger n7? Plus theres nothing great about kikat. I have it on my 2013 n7 and my reaction? Meh!

Well the system lag with the LG skin sucks, people say it isn't there but it is, this is my 2nd G pad and the lag is the same, kitkat runs a lot smoother than 4.2.2, as does 4.3, slide aside is useless, I have QPair still, I can still knock on, with CM11 I have zero lag, its very responsive, and as for saying why would you want a bigger nexus 7..... That's like saying what is the point in owning a nexus 10, the G Pad offers much more real estate with its screen size without being a big cumbersome 10 inch tablet, what extras do you have on your LG skinned G Pad that are so good that I don't have on CM with my G Pad?

Posted via Android Central App

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I am running both versions of the G Pad tablets, side by side as I write this, and I do not see any lag between the LG skin and the Kit Kat skin. Maybe there are some floating out there with OS issues, but both of mine work flawlessly, which helps to explain why I have both and can't decide on keeping one versus the other.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

cbb77

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I am running both versions of the G Pad tablets, side by side as I write this, and I do not see any lag between the LG skin and the Kit Kat skin. Maybe there are some floating out there with OS issues, but both of mine work flawlessly, which helps to explain why I have both and can't decide on keeping one versus the other.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

Then go by price. I assume you paid a bit more for the GPE. Ask yourself if it's worth the price delta. That may help you decide.

betty_boop245

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
My original version G Pad is also lag free. Coming from Samsung devices, I was extremely surprised at how smooth this tablet actually is. I like some of LG's features too.

Posted via Android Central App

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Cool thanks.

Newegg doesn't allow returns without a restocking fee though right? (for non-defective items). Best Buy is pretty good about it so I generally buy from them. I'm guessing the price will go down again soon.

Should have responded to this sooner but meant you can price match through best by. It's 329 on newegg now but maybe next time it drops somewhere just have best buy price match. I always buy through them as well. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Pressing Power and the Down buttons simultaneously does not do anything on this device, like it does on the GPE version. How do I restart the original G Pad to the bootloader screen with the little green android on it please?

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Pressing Power and the Down buttons simultaneously does not do anything on this device, like it does on the GPE version. How do I restart the original G Pad to the bootloader screen with the little green android on it please?

I assume you're doing this while the unit is turned off and holding the two buttons for up to 30 seconds?

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes...Power off and held Power button and Volume Down up to 60 seconds. Nothing. What am I missing?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Pantherabast

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I used to love my G Pad but now it got so slow

-lags every now and then with freezes
-i have 5 gigs of space left and my friend who i lend it to asked 'why is it so slow sometimes?' i didn't know what to say. -5 gigs free and already slowing down? huh?
-some keys aren't registering when i touch the screen on the lg default keyboard when typing up a thread like this

there is more but don't feel like retyping everything again...

i just typed up the whole friggin huge essay on my frustration in a new thread and all my info was gone cuz this stupid site only allows making threads after you post 10 times. fu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wasted a good 15 mins and now i gotta remember everything else later on. argh... i have just had a really bad experience with Android. and this one is my first. was psyched at first, but now i am frustrated and disappointed.

LG G Pad boooo you suck! and it can't be a virus cuz I got Avast scanner on it.

Last edited: