LG G Pad 8.3: Yellow band at top of screen, to return or not?

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Just got the Play edition yesterday and I have a half inch yellow band across the top of the screen(Right side in this pic) closest to the LG emblem. Its not terrible, but always worry about returning and getting something worse. Really only noticeable on white background.

IMAG0172_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Yellow band at top of screen, to return or not?

I would return that. I don't think display issues are common for LG so I doubt you'll receive one with something worse.

g2

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Im seriously considering just returning it rather than exchange. After more searching, LG makes the Ipad air screens and they are having this same issue rampant for them. Plus there are several posts on XDA with the G pad having yellow areas on screen, mainly at the top like my pic.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I have the g pad as well and so far it's very nice with no yellow tinting like you've described

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Im seriously considering just returning it rather than exchange. After more searching, LG makes the Ipad air screens and they are having this same issue rampant for them. Plus there are several posts on XDA with the G pad having yellow areas on screen, mainly at the top like my pic.

I understand the frustration but I still don't think its an issue affecting most of their screens. Perhaps they've become aware of the issue and have corrected it in production...perhaps not yet.

CM on OgPro

Reste Ismael

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Just got mine today. And right at the moment I power on the tablet, I noticed the yellow band on the top and also at the bottom. I already filed a complaint to the online store which I bought the tablet and hopefully they'll replace the item ASAP.

LG G pad screen discoloration.jpg
DSC_3733.jpg
DSC_3734.jpg

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I would not settle for that either.

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I ended up just returning mine with that. Ill wait for another 8 inch tablet with a screen that is similar in quality to the Nexus 7. Besides the brightness issues the contrast is not any good even if you manually turn up the brightness. The LG screen just does not have the "Wow" factor that other tablets have.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I ended up just returning mine with that. Ill wait for another 8 inch tablet with a screen that is similar in quality to the Nexus 7. Besides the brightness issues the contrast is not any good even if you manually turn up the brightness. The LG screen just does not have the "Wow" factor that other tablets have.

Samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4 might be for you. I heard the screen is out of this world crisp.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a different issue (and a GPE version) but it still pertains to the screen. I have what appears to be a dead zone on the screen. I think I'll have to do an RMA. I hadn't heard of anything like this about this screen yet. Otherwise I love this tablet.
ruruma7u.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay