Suddenly I am unable to write to the SD card. Copying files doesn't work and I cannot create a folder. I have formatted the card in my PC and through settlings. Any help would be appreciated.
    01-01-2014 07:02 PM
    But the external SD card is still recognized? For example, if you go to Settings>Storage, you still see stats for the external SD? What happens if you Unmount the SD card from that menu, remove it, then reinsert it? I wonder if it might have gotten unseated somehow.
    01-01-2014 07:09 PM
    Yeah, we need more info. Can you write to the SD card on the PC? What format is the card in?
    01-01-2014 08:06 PM
    But the external SD card is still recognized? For example, if you go to Settings>Storage, you still see stats for the external SD? What happens if you Unmount the SD card from that menu, remove it, then reinsert it? I wonder if it might have gotten unseated somehow.
    Yes, it can be seen and "erased". I have the same problem with both cards I tried. A 32 GB and 16gb. Both work fine in the PC but cannot create a folder using es explorer or root file explorer. When I tried to copy a folder on it says "coy failed"
    01-01-2014 08:28 PM
    Check the format of the card. G Pad does not support NTFS. It must be either FAT32 or exFat.
    01-01-2014 08:39 PM
    Check the format of the card. G Pad does not support NTFS. It must be either FAT32 or exFat.
    It is fat32
    01-02-2014 04:05 AM
    It is fat32
    Which folder are you trying to copy? How big is it? There may not be enough free space on the card.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    01-02-2014 04:58 AM
    HELP! all the information so far in one post.... can anyone help?

I have a GPE and I am unable to write to the SD card. Copying files doesn't work and I cannot create a folder. I have formatted the card as fat32 in my PC and "erased" the card through settings. I have the same problem with both cards I tried. A 32 GB and 16gb. Both work fine in the PC but cannot create a folder using es explorer or root file explorer. When I tried to copy a folder on it says "copy failed"

It gets even weirder...

If I try to write anything to it from the tablet, no matter how big or small, it refuses. I cannot create a folder on the sd card from the tablet. But when I connect the tablet to my PC I can write to and create folders on the sd card... I tried using DS file (a file explorer from synology) and tried to create a folder and was told "you don't have privilege"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
    01-02-2014 09:25 AM
    Are you rooted? Which folder or file are you trying to copy? It may have DRM protection.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    01-02-2014 10:12 AM
    Thank you for your help...
    Yes I am rooted and I cannot even create an empty folder...
    01-02-2014 03:00 PM
    Hmm, sounds like you may have a bad unit. Possible incompatible SD cards but I doubt it. Only last option I would try before returning it would be to see if you can get someone to lend you an SD card to see if also experiences the same thing. I would just pop their card in and see if you can create a folder as you're currently trying. If same issue, then you have a defective unit. If it works, then it's something in how you are formatting and erasing the card on your PC. Thus the suggestion to get a card from someone else that is known to be working.
    01-02-2014 05:28 PM
    Just to be clear, do you have the standard LG G Pad or the Google Play edition? I ask as there is a known issue with SD Cards on the GPE version. If you have the GPE version, review the fix at this link

Fix for Android 4.3 broken SD card writing on the Galaxy S4 GPE
    revjong likes this.
    01-02-2014 06:17 PM
    I got 99 problems but an SD card ain't 1

Sorry, I had to do it. Hope you can get it fixed.
    01-02-2014 07:21 PM
    Suddenly I am unable to write to the SD card. Copying files doesn't work and I cannot create a folder. I have formatted the card in my PC and through settlings. Any help would be appreciated.
    Google locked down write access to SD cards in kitkat 4.4.2! The only way around it is to root your device or remove the card and do edits on a computer. Insane restriction from GooG!
    05-30-2014 11:13 AM
    These guys are fruitcakes. All you really want is to read your SD card, access your SD card again. I just went all over the NET and could not find a solution for this problem. Then, I just did this simple fix, and it worked for me on my Galaxy S4 Active: I inserted a new SD card, and it would not read it, mount it, etc. You know it. Then I read everywhere, that the standard Filesystem is NTFS, which did not work for me. I took another NTFS SD Card, and my G4 would not read it. So I copied the files off and reformatted the SD cards to (default) FAT32 (with the single file 4GB size restriction) So what? I'll just put several 4 gig files on the card, no problem.
    After reformatting these SD Cards, the Galaxy4s would immediately read them, and gave me an option to reformat the 8Gig SD Card even, which I did. It came back with 7.4 Gigs, even more than the reformatting on the computer. This proves to me, that the Filesystem is FAT32 and not NTFS like some fruitcakes declared earlier. peace out.
    11-09-2014 11:00 PM