Lasted less than a week

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I've lasted just a few days with my G Pad before giving up on it. The G Pad had much better PPI than my gen 1 iPad Mini (and clarity was my main reason for replacing the iPad), and as I'm a die hard Nexus 5 fan who thinks the Nexus 7 screen is too small, this was the obvious choice, but I have lasted less than a week with this product.

While the PPI is much better than my gen 1 mini even at a casual glance, the weight distribution on the G Pad felt unnatural and my hand ached after a few minutes of holding it, leading me to keep swapping hands. The battery life was also pretty poor compared to the iPad. Neither of these was the reason for giving up though. The bit that got me were the colours. Put a white background email or Web page on the G Pad next to the same content on a gen 1 mini and all you see on the G Pad is yellow, not white. It really is shocking by comparison.

A little gutted if I'm honest. I spent ages researching what to go for and was convinced I got it right with the G Pad, but looks like I'm back to the Mini until the fabled Nexus 8 surfaces.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've lasted just a few days with my G Pad before giving up on it. The G Pad had much better PPI than my gen 1 iPad Mini (and clarity was my main reason for replacing the iPad), and as I'm a die hard Nexus 5 fan who thinks the Nexus 7 screen is too small, this was the obvious choice, but I have lasted less than a week with this product.

While the PPI is much better than my gen 1 mini even at a casual glance, the weight distribution on the G Pad felt unnatural and my hand ached after a few minutes of holding it, leading me to keep swapping hands. The battery life was also pretty poor compared to the iPad. Neither of these was the reason for giving up though. The bit that got me were the colours. Put a white background email or Web page on the G Pad next to the same content on a gen 1 mini and all you see on the G Pad is yellow, not white. It really is shocking by comparison.

A little gutted if I'm honest. I spent ages researching what to go for and was convinced I got it right with the G Pad, but looks like I'm back to the Mini until the fabled Nexus 8 surfaces.

Bummer it didn't work out. I have a Moto X and the screen is an AMOLED, and next to my Nexus 5, the X is an off white, with a yellowish tint to it. I still find my display for the X to be great, but then again, you are in a different situation having been used to Apples screens.

cbb77

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

There is an app in the play store called Trickster. This will allow you to adjust the color of the screen. Give it a whirl.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying one of these next week. I want an 8 inch Android tablet as I think the the nexus 7 is too small especially as I've now got a note 3.

I was thinking of the note 8.0 but it seems redundant now as I have the note phone.

I don't think I'll have much trouble with the skin as I like and use touchwiz. LG and Samsung are quite similar I think. I also find vanilla Android plain.

I've been reading the reviews and I'm pretty impressed. We've also got LG TV's at home which we really like.

I don't mind that it has the snapdragon 600. That's plenty fast. I was using the S4 which has the same processor and it was just fine in that.

I'm not expecting the battery life to be as good as my ipad mini. I doubt it could be any worse than my galaxy tab 2 10.1, which is adequate.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
To each their own I suppose, but I believe the whole brightness and color issue is overblown. I have tweaked my colors slightly with trickster and run at about 60% brightness, but even out of the box the brightness and colors were good. People say the screen isn't as white as other tablets when you put them beside each other. Who cares even if that is true? You don't use two devices beside each other in real world situations where that would cause a problem. My wife has an iPad, and it may be brighter than my G Pad but I never use the two beside each other where it's noticeable. But what is noticeable is my G Pad will do so much more than her iPad will ever do because of the limitations of iOS.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a G Pad...that I gave to my 4-year old once I upgraded to the iPad. It's a nice enough tablet but if it's not what one wants for whatever reason there's other choices like Sammy's GTP 8.4.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a G Pad...that I gave to my 4-year old once I upgraded to the iPad. It's a nice enough tablet but if it's not what one wants for whatever reason there's other choices like Sammy's GTP 8.4.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

Now the tab pro 8.4, that's one hell of a tablet!